Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Aaaaand as things usually work, shortly after posting this message and getting my head around turning my 125 yellow, I find this in Potch.  Which followed me home about two weeks ago.

So change of plan - the 175 will now become a YZ replica.

Well, it's either going to look really really good.  Or really cheesy......

post-15215-0-42881200-1605595098_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case someone knows someone looking to get into DS / Adventure riding, my 2003 KTM 640A is for sale.

Just fitted new chain and sprockets and rear tyre. Full carb rebuild about 1000km ago. Fitted with luggage racks and Akrapovic rear can.

Asking R37,5k

Ads up on Gumtree and Wilddogs. PM me and I'll send you the links if you don't feel like searching.

Just in case someone knows someone looking to get into DS / Adventure riding, my 2003 KTM 640A is for sale.

Just fitted new chain and sprockets and rear tyre. Full carb rebuild about 1000km ago. Fitted with luggage racks and Akrapovic rear can.

Asking R37,5k

Ads up on Gumtree and Wilddogs. PM me and I'll send you the links if you don't feel like searching.

PM please 

Indeed!! Just arrived. Sam Sunderland been here for a month already been doing some MX and stuff. I’ve been trying to catch some of their sessions but they been riding a few km’s off the access roads. I’ve got a bloody Sandton 4X4 and been stuck enough times here now to know I can’t get to a good vantage point. Hoping Toby and Co. will do some of the MX races so I can watch.

Hook me up Bro, I work at SRG Motorsports, we prepped all the rally bikes for the factory. 

So a friend tells me the other day he has a little automatic 50cc kiddies bike gathering dust in a garage... Would I like to borrow it for my son? 

Needless to say I said YES!!   :w00t:  :clap:

Two questions now for the Hub:

1) Best place in Cape Town to get a kiddies helmet?

2) How do I deal with a not-so-happy wife? :whistling:

A very little of the Tarkastad to Adelaide portion of my Scottburgh to Bedford ride last Saturday. Whole trip was great, 2752kms in 4 days of riding, 2 days off, more a mission than a tour!attachicon.gifDA413031-59CE-4EF2-9059-256D5650F268.jpegattachicon.gif683EEB1B-BDD9-4CE6-820C-DC3C7C71930E.jpegattachicon.gifD821BFEF-03B8-4CA3-B03C-9EE6D62D565C.jpeg

Looks great but I have a question: I note that you packed all your luggage up high ontop. Any reason for that rather then pannier bags? Doens't it make the bike somewhat top-heavy?

So a friend tells me the other day he has a little automatic 50cc kiddies bike gathering dust in a garage... Would I like to borrow it for my son?

Needless to say I said YES!! :w00t: :clap:

Look for Ridersports on FB or Gumtree, Dominic is based in Blouberg and has a wide range of second hand kit.

Answer for q2... send it to me. No wife anymore.

Looks great but I have a question: I note that you packed all your luggage up high ontop. Any reason for that rather then pannier bags? Doens't it make the bike somewhat top-heavy?

Valid question.

Lighter than it looked. I am getting racks put on the bike now (while in service) for soft bags. I will discontinue using the top box. In its place will be the ATG bag that is in the pic. It has excellent securing straps and is waterproof. I will use this together with soft bags (ATG again). I will carry the spares and tools low in the panniers split between them.

The get up in the pic was more necessity than ideal packing. I needed to get to Scottburgh for a Memorial service ( my Mum) and felt that a long bike ride would give me time to think.......mmmmm.

On return I was carrying new suspension for my ZRX (delivered from Josie by my brother) which made the ATG bag a bit high so I strapped my back pack on top. That only had iPad and work phone so did not make it too heavy.

Number one.......no idea

Number two.......she will get over it!