Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ratio of available talent vs displacement in that formulae would not equate to a happy ending....

Given Harley's track record with displacement vs horsepower, it would probably only have about 1.5hp more.

I would be more worried about the chassis.

Same dimensions as a RS125, it will be a lively ride. Always like them, always wanted one......

And you can pick them up fairly cheaply these days too.

Given Harley's track record with displacement vs horsepower, it would probably only have about 1.5hp more.

I would be more worried about the chassis.

Same dimensions as a RS125, it will be a lively ride. Always like them, always wanted one......

And you can pick them up fairly cheaply these days too.

A mate of mine had an XB12, man that thing turned on a dime. Super super short wheelbase. Slower than my Daytona though...

Edited by bertusras

Did a run a number of years ago with a mate who had the xb9. Stopped at the petrol station to fill up fuel, and he checked the fuel and filled the oil. 'Strue.

I have always liked the look of them, and especially the innovative engineering. 

and filled the oil. 

Into the swingarm, or frame, or something stupid. For the life of me I still don't understand that. Innovative, yes, crash proof, not so much.

I would like to think of it being a free soul when riding the bike

But if the bike is a Harley, freedom may be curtailed when you go round corners.

Into the swingarm, or frame, or something stupid. For the life of me I still don't understand that. Innovative, yes, crash proof, not so much.

Jip, fuel in the frame and oil in the swingarm.

Was very innovative, good use of real estate too as the "tank" was the airbox.

The Harley motors use an external oil reservoir.

Stopped at the Harley dealership while in town earlier today, and the annoying sales guy says that HD are dropping the Sportster from the line soon and they are also bringing in a HD Adventure type bike.

Stopped at the Harley dealership while in town earlier today, and the annoying sales guy says that HD are dropping the Sportster from the line soon and they are also bringing in a HD Adventure type bike.

Most guys that start on a Sportser end up going bigger.

Most guys that start on a Sportser end up going bigger.

I could consider a 1200 sportster, but not the 883 Iron

Sales guy tried selling off the Street Rod 750 while I was there ... on sale at R75K for a new bike ... but no thanks

mcn_f9c81b4cc4f6b3b11b07bd0791395f3b_3df

Not a fan of the looks but their adventure bike is very much needed.

Harley is dying a very slow and painful death at the moment it seems.