Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Would rather take the MT07 they have, similar price.

That being said, cannot go wrong with the SV. My dad has the DL650, super smooth, fairly punchy. Just don't expect superbike performance and cost a screen....

Thanks ... the MT07 does look good .. but still early days, but closer that it was last year when I started looking around and asking questions.

1. Doing home renovations shortly

2. Spend what little is left from the renovations, with a little extra added from private work = buy new (second hand) bike.

3. AT LEAST THE WIFE HAS BOUGHT INTO THIS WHOLE DEAL, so that hurdle has been crossed and she is supportive.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/milnerton/2015-yamaha-mt07-what-a-beauty/1008781623850911415040509

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ... the MT07 does look good .. but still early days, but closer that it was last year when I started looking around and asking questions.

1. Doing home renovations shortly

2. Spend what little is left from the renovations, with a little extra added from private work = buy new (second hand) bike.

3. AT LEAST THE WIFE HAS BOUGHT INTO THIS WHOLE DEAL, so that hurdle has been crossed and she is supportive.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/milnerton/2015-yamaha-mt07-what-a-beauty/1008781623850911415040509

Literally looked at a similar mileage and year model MT-09. Trying really hard to control my motorcycle procurement urges.

IT

IS

A

STRUGGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Literally looked at a similar mileage and year model MT-09. Trying really hard to control my motorcycle procurement urges.

IT

IS

A

STRUGGLE!!!!!!!!!!

MT09 is quite frankly one of the most fun motorcycles I have had the pleasure of riding earnestly! Took one around Kyalami a few years ago when the big bike show and track try outs were going strong. The triple engine is a delight and such a beautiful sound. Exiting that last 90 degree left onto the straight was wonderful. I would buy this bike in a heart beat if I had the Randellas available. Truly worth a test ride and a little extra saving or reduction in the household account over the MT07 in my opinion!!

Just to be honest.....am chasing a 2007 Ducati 1098 at the moment.........almost deal done!

Edited to explain lack of Randellas for the MT!

Edited by Spokey

I don't see a funding for much bike coming out from this :wacko:

hence the additional bits added to the end of that sentence :P

I was at Scott Motors the other day kicking tyres and this SV got my attention.

Also my first time at their shop and they were really great to speak to and assisting me (Someone who really know nothing and trying to learn more)

IMG_3114-2.jpg

https://scottmotors.co.za/current-stock/

This is really a good looking bike, but check out the Yam MT and as much as the MT07 is a good bike.......really take a look at the MT09, a wonderful engine. I doubled up my sessions on the track when I test rode it, an absolutely delightful motorcycle. You can always ride with a partially closed throttle if you need to replicate the 07!!

This is really a good looking bike, but check out the Yam MT and as much as the MT07 is a good bike.......really take a look at the MT09, a wonderful engine. I doubled up my sessions on the track when I test rode it, an absolutely delightful motorcycle. You can always ride with a partially closed throttle if you need to replicate the 07!!

Remove a plug suppressor off the MT09, same thing.......

And??

Checked it out on Autotrader.In very good condition and a good price.

Standby, pics on the way. I am in Dubai, bike in Joburg. Will have it sent to the south Cape. I am only home mid March.