Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....At the end of the day every bike is an adventure bike....

That extends to bicycles too. Edited by Stretched@Birth

Bought anMT5 Tornado on eBay last night. Needs work they say. Pristine ones go for 3 grand. I paid 1100 for one that’s been in storage since 1997. All parts are there an it has ‘good compression’. Gets delivered Saturday.

Elbow grease needed and respray. Seat re covered. Hopefully internals all good.

Lots of parts available as these were sold here from 1979!to around mid 90s. Mines a 92.

(Will post pics)

post-58227-0-43038100-1615445262_thumb.jpg

post-58227-0-97447500-1615445545_thumb.jpg

Edited by IceCreamMan

Bought anMT5 Tornado on eBay last night. Needs work they say. Pristine ones go for 3 grand. I paid 1100 for one that’s been in storage since 1997. All parts are there an it has ‘good compression’. Gets delivered Saturday.

Lots of parts available as these were sold here from 1979!to around mid 90s. Mines a 92.

(Will post pics)

Sounds like an exciting project :thumbs:

Waiting to check out the pics :fencelook:

It looks awesome...I need to see more of my country that is for sure

The lowveld is awesome, one of the parts of our country I love the most.

I like this, low slung bruiser look. We wait n see on pricing and availability. Harley have created a lil problem for themselves with this ...how to price it. With the Sportster range being the traditional entry bike and now discontinued the 1250 motor will now take its place ... cos currently the entry level harley is 14 grand. They need a cheaper model again i reckon. 

We wait n see. But i will go to local harley to check this one out. 

(Will post pics)

I mate of mine had one of those at school.  I seem to recall the Tornado part was a little optimistic :-)

We did play a bit with it though and it got a but better - more strong gust of wind than Tornado though!

Went for a ride on Saturday! Good therapy session.

I definitely think this is one of the nicest BMW, I also would like one of these because I'll never soon be riding 1000kms at this stage per day while I've still got kids in the house. And we've got lots of kms in gravel roads in our area to explore.

I mate of mine had one of those at school.  I seem to recall the Tornado part was a little optimistic :-)

We did play a bit with it though and it got a but better - more strong gust of wind than Tornado though!

Even worse here, mopeds were restricted to 30mph here. Now for all the makes it was an easy enough mod to liberate the restrictions except of course the MT 50 and MB50 which Honda restricted in 4 different places. 

But i can get a nice 70cc malossi kit for 200 quid...a bigger carb for 30 quid,Gianelli exhaust for around 80 quid and suddenly my 3 bhp will become a magical 8 or 9.... but am hoping somewhere in its past someone has already liberated a few horses to make this one around 6 or 7. We wait n see. 

Delivery satruday, works start sunday slowly slowly , no rush on this. I have a line on TS50 which already has a 70cc kit on it. so might have 2 x 50ccs in the garage. The TS50 is 1998 model, air cooled version. Not an ER but an X. Strangely enough in the UK the importers tended to bring in the air cooled models as i guess it was to keep costs down and no point in bringing in a 10bhp 50cc if the market was restricted to 30mph for mopeds. 

Big big business here is the 50cc market. I saw an FS1E (73 model with help my trap pedals) quite a rare model i believe go for 11 800 quid. most 50s in great nick go for 2000 to 3500. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Went to look at the slightly older T100 version at the Triumph CT branch the other day ... 70K, low mileage and rather good looking bike.

Do any of you here have experience on the 2013/16 T100 models at all ........ the T120 is great, but a little pricey for what I am looking at, maybe.

In all honestly Triumph would/have been the only other bike that has gotten me interested vs HD.

There is also a nice 900 scrambler for sale right now in my area for 78K, the pricing is a little off, but the bike looks great.

Taking my bike price study a lot more seriously now as I am getting closer to having all the cash in hand to buy when I see the right bike .... so the po po is getting real now vs all the window shopping I have been doing for who knows how long.

Hairy,

Don't know if you can see this wihtout registering but register if you need to..it's free and worth it.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=256756.0

Went for a ride on Saturday! Good therapy session.

One recently sold on WD for 250 grand. Sold in the blink of an eye too

Even worse here, mopeds were restricted to 30mph here. Now for all the makes it was an easy enough mod to liberate the restrictions except of course the MT 50 and MB50 which Honda restricted in 4 different places. 

But i can get a nice 70cc malossi kit for 200 quid...a bigger carb for 30 quid,Gianelli exhaust for around 80 quid and suddenly my 3 bhp will become a magical 8 or 9.... but am hoping somewhere in its past someone has already liberated a few horses to make this one around 6 or 7. We wait n see. 

Delivery satruday, works start sunday slowly slowly , no rush on this. I have a line on TS50 which already has a 70cc kit on it. so might have 2 x 50ccs in the garage. The TS50 is 1998 model, air cooled version. Not an ER but an X. Strangely enough in the UK the importers tended to bring in the air cooled models as i guess it was to keep costs down and no point in bringing in a 10bhp 50cc if the market was restricted to 30mph for mopeds. 

Big big business here is the 50cc market. I saw an FS1E (73 model with help my trap pedals) quite a rare model i believe go for 11 800 quid. most 50s in great nick go for 2000 to 3500. 

https://www.m-shop.nl/en/honda-parts.html

Apparently this is the place you will be shopping at a lot now!