Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Flip GM, thank you very much and I will certainly be taking you up on the screen offer.

I will be buy a HD, that am certain of. The HD that feels the best to me when seated is the Fat Bob, and the Fat Boy funny enough ... so first place is the Fat Bob!

My neighbour has a Wide Glide, and it just did not feel the same as the Fat Bob did.

With regards to Sissy Bars ... these guys have slapped together a couple of them and done some fun builds.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-wm1rU5AgXvz3nAiRYyOHQ

My last bike build, a Momsen STR SS fully rigid setup started off with a set of grips ...... so your logic is very sound :P

Great! Just drop me a PM next time you are in Somerset West.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just because I didn't put the rear carrier back - I didn't think it was really necessary so it looks a bit long.

Also at some stage someone has broken off the rear number plate bracket and a new one is R2000 for a silly piece of plastic - I'm just using a smaller number plate bolted directly to the frame mount.

Probably whooped it over trying to wheelie......

Who ever said a Harley can't hang on a track and take a few corners!

https://youtu.be/qq-4jrXmnWU

I won’t be trying this anytime soon but my Roadster does handle extremely well on the roads here. 19 inch front wheel and low down weight and it runs like a train on the crappy roads here. Came with these long hero blobs which are not so long anymore. Edited by IceCreamMan

Of all my bikes my Katoom 1190 has proven to be the easiest to ride, around town or blitzing the open road. Yeah, she chews back tyres up if a little enthusiastic on the throttle but is a delight. The growl from the pipe is very satisfying either at a slow 60kph with a deep rumble or picking up the pace a bit, howling at a gallop! I am really enjoying this bike.

This is one of my go to shots. The Kamanasie Valley, Deyseldorp to Heimiesrivier. Craddock peak in the background.post-52292-0-44145000-1619982408_thumb.jpeg

Of all my bikes my Katoom 1190 has proven to be the easiest to ride, around town or blitzing the open road. Yeah, she chews back tyres up if a little enthusiastic on the throttle but is a delight. The growl from the pipe is very satisfying either at a slow 60kph with a deep rumble or picking up the pace a bit, howling at a gallop! I am really enjoying this bike.

This is one of my go to shots. The Kamanasie Valley, Deyseldorp to Heimiesrivier. Craddock peak in the background.attachicon.gif4CB4CD58-6D89-4A76-940B-A127C26AD809.jpeg

Now, I know this question is going to open a very, very big debate. But do you rate it a better, cheaper bike to use and maintain than a BMW GS and in our area where we don't have a KTM dealership? Edited by BSG

This dude is like "hold my beer.....":

EVERY CORNER HE TAKES I GET A COLD SHIVER DOWN MY SPINE ... COULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO WEAR A PROPER JACKET IF YOU ARE RIDING LIKE THAT