Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

12 hours ago, WaynejG said:

My negative terminal would keep loosening itself. Only the negative one. Googled it and it's rather common. Blue loctite sorted it out.

is the negative terminal on the battery not slightly smaller than the positive ? I recall this being a thing at some point.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ouzo said:

is the negative terminal on the battery not slightly smaller than the positive ? I recall this being a thing at some point.

I always figured being negative was a clear sign of being smaller than being positive ........

1 hour ago, Andymann said:

Years and years ago I read an article which mentioned that Harleys vibrate at a certain frequency, which is also the exact frequency of certain parts of a (female's) body.  It was probably written tongue-in-cheek but who knows....????

What I do know is when I had my old R80/7 BMW and my then girlfriend used to ride on the back we had to ride at 110kph.  Apparently the bike was most comfortable for her when we went 110.  Not 100, not 120, but 110.  Right where the mirrors used to vibrate the most.  Can't think why it had to be at that specific speed........

you mean like this

https://youtu.be/I1vN-ReI_7g

Guys,

What are we going to do without this thread when Admin cancels it? It's going to be tragic but perhaps we can all stay in touch via a forum like Wilddogs. Any suggestions?.

I know right!  I actually don't care much for the cycling content on the Hub, but it's been great chatting with cyclists who enjoy motorbikes.  If Admin removes this, the F1 and the MotoGP topics I probably won't be visiting the hub much.

The ironic thing is that these non-cycling related topics were always very civil - even the Rossi vs MM vs Lorenzo discussions never really got out of hand, and even then, just a quick picture of Mrs. Stoner or BB posting a quick time and all was forgotten.

I've seen some really nasty stuff said in cycling related discussions - to a point where unless I was absolutely certain about my facts I wouldn't comment at all.  And if I did then my responses were so sanitized to make sure there was no way anyone could misconstrue them that it just become tedious to reply so I opted not to.  Which is a pity because as Cyclists we all have some information and experiences to add.

Hopefully the existing ones will stay and only new ones will be removed?

My sentiments exactly. Although I found myself disagreeing fundamentally with some of the opinions voiced - and forming opinions on the people voicing those opinions - but I chose, like you, not to comment because, well, waste of time, right? But I do think that even disagreeable opinions should be heard and aired. Let's hope we all get to meet post-Covid on either a nice twisty tar road or an interesting dirt road, both with a great restaurant and view at the end. Ride safe boys. 

Edited by sawystertrance
Typos

There's only so much to be said about cycling, and with any group of people coming together, there will  be very organic discussions about all things in life. I hate that people want to control these things to be completely binary.

I don't partake in political or religious discussions, not even in RL as I think this has the potential to unnecessarily ruin friendships.

I really have been enjoying this thread, as I do think this is the most civil bunch of "bikers" I have yet to meet online. 

There is a tagline about harleys and the kids that come running, and the mothers that run co.....

Edited by RocknRolla

1 hour ago, Andymann said:

I know right!  I actually don't care much for the cycling content on the Hub, but it's been great chatting with cyclists who enjoy motorbikes.  If Admin removes this, the F1 and the MotoGP topics I probably won't be visiting the hub much.

The ironic thing is that these non-cycling related topics were always very civil - even the Rossi vs MM vs Lorenzo discussions never really got out of hand, and even then, just a quick picture of Mrs. Stoner or BB posting a quick time and all was forgotten.

I've seen some really nasty stuff said in cycling related discussions - to a point where unless I was absolutely certain about my facts I wouldn't comment at all.  And if I did then my responses were so sanitized to make sure there was no way anyone could misconstrue them that it just become tedious to reply so I opted not to.  Which is a pity because as Cyclists we all have some information and experiences to add.

Hopefully the existing ones will stay and only new ones will be removed?

Add to that the Song of the Day Thread!

Wore earplugs to site and my ears were good when I got there

Forgot to put them in for the ride home, and now my ears are ringing ... moral of the story. Filtering at traffic lights rock, and saves you tons of time.

Oh, and I need to wear ear plugs on every ride from now on.

32 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Don't know which ones you use but like i said, I recommend the cone shaped jobs from Dischem. Efficient and cheap.

Will go make a turn there ... for now is just a spare set of foamies I had in the garage.

9 hours ago, ouzo said:

Same size as positive from what I can see 

7 hours ago, sawystertrance said:

Guys,

What are we going to do without this thread when Admin cancels it? It's going to be tragic but perhaps we can all stay in touch via a forum like Wilddogs. Any suggestions?.

If this thread gets closed down that would be tragic. As it is, I don't come to the Hub much of late due to no Tapatalk.