Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

6 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Hairy, that's brilliant. And very quick. Are you in graphics by any chance?

Nah ... Architecture and Interiors ... a quick font search/download and overlay in good old PowerPoint = funtimes.

image.png.98be26b926356bef5a905dae0801087c.png

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're just showing off. 

Seriously, though, I'm so happy to hear of people complimenting your bike. More accurately I'm glad that it makes you happy. You're seeing one of the many other sides of biking. Yes, the thrill of the ride is top but being part of a like-minded group, seeing the outdoors, immunity from traffic jams and receiving compliments for your bike are all part of the buzz and I'm so glad you're part of that ..at last. You are, after all, top contributor to this thread. ????

Edited by sawystertrance

11 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Now you're just showing off. 

Seriously, though, I'm so happy to hear of people complimenting your bike. More accurately I'm glad that it makes you happy. You're seeing one of the many the other sides of biking. Yes, the thrill of the ride is top but being part of a like-minded group, seeing the outdoors, immunity from traffic jams and receiving compliments for your bike are all part of teh buzz and I'm so glad you're part of that ..at last. You are, after all, top contributor to this thread. ????

Thanks man.

I just walked past my helmet now and thought to myself "damned I want to go for a ride" .... but I have some work to do unfortunately.

Even before I got the bike, the bike shops I went into were very helpful and offered clear guidance, even when I told them I was still a ways off on my journey. 

In so many ways it feels like cycling, and definitely like the earlier days of cycling when 29'ers were still a myth :P. 

It took time, but it was worth the wait!

11 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

In my infinite lack of wisdom I sold my Roadster in 2019 and I miss it every damn day. 

This is really tickling my fancy.... 

http://metalheads.co.za/bikes/harley-davidson-dyna-street-bob

Guess it is time to make that learners appointment again.

That looks very nice ..... if you need someone to go joyride test ride it for you with little to no real experience just give me a shout :P

From booking my learners to passing the test was a whole two weeks. So rather reasonable I think.

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

From booking my learners to passing the test was a whole two weeks. So rather reasonable I think.

Wow, that fast Hairy. I needed to wait almost a month for mine. Durbanville Traffic Department.

43 minutes ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Wow, that fast Hairy. I needed to wait almost a month for mine. Durbanville Traffic Department.

I went to Milnerton, and two weeks yes. I did take the test mid week morning though, so I assume this is a timeslot that would be easier to get into.

I took a ride to Milnerton yesterday and got stuck behind two Harleys. I got to wondering; Why do Harley riders all want to make their bikes so loud?  It's annoying even for me and I can only imagine how car drivers must feel about them. Ideas?

2 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

I took a ride to Milnerton yesterday and got stuck behind two Harleys. I got to wondering; Why do Harley riders all want to make their bikes so loud?  It's annoying even for me and I can only imagine how car drivers must feel about them. Ideas?

Is it just HD riders, or many riders?

Personally it does not float my boat, a nice grumble yet, but being stupidly loud is not for me.

A friend a block back as some or other stupidly fast KTM Supermotord, and that thing is loud from my house when he starts it up.

There are three other HD's near me that pass my house and their bikes do not make a noise, sound yes, not noise. Then there is a KLR that comes past that is stupidly loud again.

Interesting. I agree that HD riders are not the only ones who ride loud bikes but my experience is that ALL Harleys are loud and that is not the case with all other brands.