Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, nobody wants to touch this bike of mine so we decided to give it a go ourselves.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Burned wiring on the stator, there is the culprit. We took it in for a proper rewinding, so ETA is next week.

Not sure if there should a bit of play on a flywheel, see video for reference: 

You can clearly see that the previous owner rode this bike hard/did not look after it if you look inside of the flywheel:

spacer.png

Edited by Andrew_Smith

very interesting bikes the G450x. Once sorted its a great bike. But like you say. No one wants to work on them and if you ask opinions its always negative.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Interesting, nobody wants to touch this bike of mine so we decided to give it a go ourselves.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Burned wiring on the stator, there is the culprit. We took it in for a proper rewinding, so ETA is next week.

Not sure if there should a bit of play on a flywheel, see video for reference: 

You can clearly see that the previous owner rode this bike hard/did not look after it if you look inside of the flywheel:

spacer.png

Looking forward to seeing your project go ... please do take lots of pics and document the work here!

From My experience in the BM moto world, its be st to get to know your bike yourself, use the interwebs for info and sort it yourself, to save lots of frustration and cost.

Try advrider.com, not sure if they have the 4fiddy bmxes dedicated subforums like they do with the other bms , but there is a whole world of knowledge on there that  may just give you the direction and answers you are after.

nice bike, I have a thing for BM motos that started with the funduro back in 94…

8 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

From My experience in the BM moto world, its be st to get to know your bike yourself, use the interwebs for info and sort it yourself, to save lots of frustration and cost.

Try advrider.com, not sure if they have the 4fiddy bmxes dedicated subforums like they do with the other bms , but there is a whole world of knowledge on there that  may just give you the direction and answers you are after.

nice bike, I have a thing for BM motos that started with the funduro back in 94…

Indeed, I agree with you and then you can hopefully put that knowledge to good use if you experience any problems out on an adventure.

Thanks for the tip, I am currently on the Wild Dog Forum whereby I am pointed in the right direction since a few members have own a G450X before, so making progress at least.

For the small time I spend on it so far, I also climbed off with a smile on my face, so eager to get it back up and running.

Are you referring to this model perhaps:

spacer.png

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

spacer.png

What's with that front /rear tyre combo? Did the previous owner supermoto it?

To the renamed fella now proudly mounted on a Davidson, I have to say I'm loving your new avatar, identity and obvious pleasure and enthusiasm on this new lifestyle of yours. It's great to see it finally come to fruition.