Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

Nice, Always liked that bike. I would love one, but goodness the legend tax is quite high...

Legend tax ... please explain that to a noob like me

3 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Legend tax ... please explain that to a noob like me

Certain bikes are legends, the Africa Twin XRV750, Bmw HP2, Bmw R80GS (dakar and kalahari versions) amongst others.

There is a certain amount of extra money that sometimes are asked on the selling price for these bikes. If you would look on the 2nd hand book value, the bikes are nowhere near the asking price on paper.

Not exactly like a classic, where after a certain amount of time it's classified as a "classic" and there are recorded sales that kinda sets the market value.

Hope i'm making sense. Also stand to be corrected.

@Scalpel those HP2s are beautiful machines! Must sound amazing with that Akrapovic pipe. One day when I am big and can probably ride a motorbike.

3 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Certain bikes are legends, the Africa Twin XRV750, Bmw HP2, Bmw R80GS (dakar and kalahari versions) amongst others.

There is a certain amount of extra money that sometimes are asked on the selling price for these bikes. If you would look on the 2nd hand book value, the bikes are nowhere near the asking price on paper.

Not exactly like a classic, where after a certain amount of time it's classified as a "classic" and there are recorded sales that kinda sets the market value.

Yep you summed it up nicely. XT500 and XR500 also example of legend tax.

Just a nice way of saying you paying more than you should or what the bike is worth.

4 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

46 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Yep you summed it up nicely. XT500 and XR500 also example of legend tax.

Just a nice way of saying you paying more than you should or what the bike is worth.

Epic!

I mean like a Spez Epic S-Werx build ... it has a "reputation" locally

2 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

That's why they come with tassles on the bars, motion indicators. 

So I am sitting at a traffic light the other day.

Next to me is some big fancy BMW.

Light turns green and I take off, always a little quicker on a bike vs a car.

BMW rev count shoots and the guy is all of a sudden in race mode.

Now I don't know how this happened, as I do not race, but before I knew it we were doing an impromptu drag race....well for a few seconds at least before the Fat Bob left him behind ...... now I know what you are going to say, it is only a BMW, but you know it is better than nothing ... so maybe BMW's should have tassels then. 

I slowed down to legal speeds and the came past eventually without making eye contact.

Haha Hairy, look at you . Getting all competitive and defensive too. First month on the bike and already doing drags...What next? Wheelies? Just be careful. She's an old girl and it costs to fix dropped valves.. 

But it's damned difficult to resist, I know. 

58 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Haha Hairy, look at you . Getting all competitive and defensive too. First month on the bike and already doing drags...What next? Wheelies? Just be careful. She's an old girl and it costs to fix dropped valves.. 

But it's damned difficult to resist, I know. 

This must have been the other guy!