Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently bought a Beeline navigation system. Small unobtrusive an indicates direction. Works quite well in conjunction with an app you download. Piggybacks off google maps basically. 

9 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Recently bought a Beeline navigation system. Small unobtrusive an indicates direction. Works quite well in conjunction with an app you download. Piggybacks off google maps basically. 

That looks nice and neat

https://beeline.co/

4 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

True .... it was only a BMW ????... chop did not even indicate when changing lanes afterwards ????

As you know, they are an optional accessory. Long as he remembers the majesty of your pipes! 

2 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

As you know, they are an optional accessory. Long as he remembers the majesty of your pipes! 

I understand there are two pointless jobs in this world.

1. The person installing indicators on a BMW at the factory

2. The person installing mufflers on a Harley at the factory

15 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

It seems that my weekend riding is cut short (no pun intended) ????

uo2u0jy.jpg

Just take cable to place that makes brake and clutch cables. Many around that will be able to help.

16 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

uo2u0jy.jpg

https://www.cabless.co.za/home/

I see you're in Durbanville... You might find someone closer, but these guys remade the accelerator cables on my old Beemer. Cost next to nothing and were done in an couple of hours.  I went off, did some work on my laptop at a coffee, came back and they were done... 

So your weekend ride could still be on... #justsaying... ????

Obviously you need to remove the cable and take the outer and the old cable to them for them to remake and match it up...

Brilliant guys, thank you for the replies. Will see if I can make a plan with removing the old cable. Hopefully it is not too tricky.

1 hour ago, Scalpel said:

Just take cable to place that makes brake and clutch cables. Many around that will be able to help.

And they will be cheaper than the stealers ag I mean dealers.

17 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Not sure how it happens but often when you stop at a red robot and there is another bike, you just know when a drag race is on. Other times it is a normal pull away.

There's very few cars that can stay with a bike from zero to 40ish - in fact even to 60 most cars battle.  I remember once some guy in an Aston Martin was itching for a drag race with a BMW and I was on my DT200 in the third lane watching this.  I couldn't resist and had them for about 200m before they came flying past.  Best part was at the next traffic light I filtered past them both, giving a little rev just to let them know I was still going to get to the next traffic light in front of them!  There's still some kid in me, even at close to 50!

22 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

uo2u0jy.jpg

When you install the replacement, make sure the fitting on the end of the cable can rotate freely in the notch on the clutch handle. Otherwise the cable will bend at the end every time you operate the clutch, which will result in another premature failure.