Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

New Harley 

Harley-Davidson Sportster S unveiled with new chassis, new engine and new £14k pricetag | MCN (motorcyclenews.com)

90kw, around 14k.... not really a sportster at that price. But i sure do like the looks of it

Interesting that they note at the end of the vid I posted, that they are going to be bringing in other sportsters in the range, and some of those would carry more classic lines.

1 hour ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Interesting that they note at the end of the vid I posted, that they are going to be bringing in other sportsters in the range, and some of those would carry more classic lines.

Really like that marketing vid u posted. Harley have upped their game in the marketing stakes an bikes. 

if I had the coin I would have one of these. Think it’s right on the money. Big bruiser and I think that extra 30 hp will be easy to get back. ( difference tween pan America an this) 

I finally got my bike sold, was super bleak when I rode it for the last time. But it's been standing for almost 6months just getting started to idle and take a ride around the block to make sure everything stays right.

Unfortunately having a bike during lockdown and working from home permanently just doesn't work for me. I barely drive my car as it is now.
So I've decided to wait until covid calms down, hopefully mid next year, push the bike payment into savings and then look at buying again when things are semi-normal again.

Will prob be looking at either the superduke or the street fighter.

9 minutes ago, Jurgens Smit said:

I finally got my bike sold, was super bleak when I rode it for the last time. But it's been standing for almost 6months just getting started to idle and take a ride around the block to make sure everything stays right.

Unfortunately having a bike during lockdown and working from home permanently just doesn't work for me. I barely drive my car as it is now.
So I've decided to wait until covid calms down, hopefully mid next year, push the bike payment into savings and then look at buying again when things are semi-normal again.

That might just be a very smart move!

1 hour ago, Jurgens Smit said:

What did you have?

Yesterday morning I did my now regular Saturday morning trip to my site in Franschhoek.

Leaving earlier than usual at sunrise was a great way to start the say, BUT IT WAS FLIPPING FRESH out there this morning, with some snow visible on the South Eastern upper most tips of the mountain near Stellenbosch.

Noted a good number of cyclists out and about and strangely many 2 up riders.

Leaving F/Hoek to home, and including taking the scenic back roads through Durbanville = exactly 59min yesterday...would never be able to do that time in the car.

Now all I need is another site further away from home :P

I know I keep posting simple posts....but this is all new to me and the excitement is still real.

Gave the bike a wash and then stripped off the screen, sissy bar and bags. With this removed it changes the bike completely from an aesthetics perspective and how she feels when riding.

The front is much lighter and even the back end feels more nimble.

I took a ride down along the beachfront now, and on a warm day like what we have in CT today, with the screen removed, the wind on your body is just so nice. I would even say with the bags removed I get to hear the pipes even more.

From an aesthetics point of view, she certainly does look more "muscle bike / cruiser" with all the goodies removed.

Even with a beachfront that was grid locked with traffic, once I cleared the mayhem and opened her up a little I could just feel my body relaxing and the work / life stress just floating away.

I love this bike.

1 hour ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

I know I keep posting simple posts....but this is all new to me and the excitement is still real.

Gave the bike a wash and then stripped off the screen, sissy bar and bags. With this removed it changes the bike completely from an aesthetics perspective and how she feels when riding.

The front is much lighter and even the back end feels more nimble.

I took a ride down along the beachfront now, and on a warm day like what we have in CT today, with the screen removed, the wind on your body is just so nice. I would even say with the bags removed I get to hear the pipes even more.

From an aesthetics point of view, she certainly does look more "muscle bike / cruiser" with all the goodies removed.

Even with a beachfront that was grid locked with traffic, once I cleared the mayhem and opened her up a little I could just feel my body relaxing and the work / life stress just floating away.

I love this bike.

Go for it dude! Great to see your excitement and inspires me to get out there and ride, as well as working on my skills to become a better rider.

We also took advantage of this beautiful warmer afternoon and went for a Spes Bona - Malans Hoogte - Contermanskloof - Tiekie loop back home.

Keep on enjoying that Harley of yours.