• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Gnarly said:

My new office..... 

588148614_Newoffice.jpg.c73976e52e98926fd03c9d6351a5879b.jpg

my dream bike, just standing there taunting me...

...dammit, oneday when I'm big I'll get that EE 5!

The 450 Rally is alright too, I guess ????

This past Sunday we did a ride to and through the Tankwa. Entered through the Koue Bokkeveld (vkn koud) over Katbakkies where we also stopped for a braai.

From there we headed to the Tankwa Padstal for a ice cold homemade gingerbeer before taking the R355 back to Ceres, with a detour over Bo-Swaermoed past the Matroosberg and Klondike cherry farm.

20210725_090613.jpg

20210725_095339.jpg

20210725_102602.jpg

20210725_131325.jpg

20210725_135139.jpg

20210725_144555.jpg

20210725_152040.jpg

On 7/25/2021 at 2:45 PM, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Got home from my Scarborough meeting, stopped in t20210725_132418.jpg.c1bba2f4bd7bc8f03b3276e8e79f0c1c.jpghe garage and noticed the following mileage :) .... just had to take a pic of it

And then some quick pics from the ride

20210725_120015.jpg.2b02540f7c3cfb3b507a012d3829735c.jpg20210725_115944.jpg.af73e9b07e0bcf2a5a2ab1f75825d3c5.jpg

I think I should do the CTCT route with the bike some time. ????

10 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

A Goldwing with training wheels

I think that is cool, opens it up to individuals who would otherwise be put off by the weight. My wife is small and a bigger bike is hard to even get off the sidestand, more so if the ground is not level. That doesn't inspire confidence when it comes to actually riding the bike.

Innovation is great, look at the new Harley DirtGlide (PanAmerica) with the innovative way that it lowers itself when coming to stop. Pull away and it raises itself again. The seat height on the big adventure bikes is a problem for many, that solves it. I see the other manufacturers following this model soon.....

On 7/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, BenReaper said:

My learners expires early next year so I still have all the time in the world to make a license appointment, or just rewrite the learners....

Procrastination is a thing.????

Copy and paste from the CT E-Services site

image.png.c274e981609a3747a1504886c46a854f.png

I took the bike back to where I bought her this morning to sort out the light over the license plate.

From my house in Sunningdale I go through the Durbanville Hills to where the shop is in Durbanville. A quick 20min. ride.

This morning the ride through there was absolutely spectacular.

Got the light sorted, and while I was there I got them to take the suspension down one setting (Been trying to find this "spanner" for the Dyna for a little while now) and it has transformed the bike.

It is so much more comfortable. When I go over a bump at speed it does not ram my spine through my helmet and she sits so much better in the corners. Under quick acceleration through the gears from a start, the front lifts ever so slightly, but does not feel "off" .... it also feels like she is accelerating quicker as if the rear is certainly getting more traction.

All in, an improved bike and a great ride back again through the Durbanville Hills .... even if for a good part traffic was held up by some guy on a HD bagger.

Earplugs ........ The foamies are ok, but I want the "NONOISE" ... like what the marketing is telling me ... now I just need to swing past @Quagga Flying Brick to buy a pair of the Race ones.

46 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

I took the bike back to where I bought her this morning to sort out the light over the license plate.

From my house in Sunningdale I go through the Durbanville Hills to where the shop is in Durbanville. A quick 20min. ride.

This morning the ride through there was absolutely spectacular.

Got the light sorted, and while I was there I got them to take the suspension down one setting (Been trying to find this "spanner" for the Dyna for a little while now) and it has transformed the bike.

It is so much more comfortable. When I go over a bump at speed it does not ram my spine through my helmet and she sits so much better in the corners. Under quick acceleration through the gears from a start, the front lifts ever so slightly, but does not feel "off" .... it also feels like she is accelerating quicker as if the rear is certainly getting more traction.

All in, an improved bike and a great ride back again through the Durbanville Hills .... even if for a good part traffic was held up by some guy on a HD bagger.

https://hdgoldrand.co.za/product/shock-adjustment-spanner/