Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

38 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Anybody? You all know who I'm looking at here..

I really like it ... but I have a just about brand new synthetic (Unfortunately) jacket.

Flip man ... been back to look at the pic a couple of times now.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

I really like it ... but I have a just about brand new synthetic (Unfortunately) jacket.

Flip man ... been back to look at the pic a couple of times now.

Juuuust get it. It's got Houding and everything. You can't walk away from that dude. Seriously.

56 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Juuuust get it. It's got Houding and everything. You can't walk away from that dude. Seriously.

Looked again, the one thing that does put me off is all the HD branding .... nice jacket though.

I am the kind of guy that would not buy or generally wear any logo / branded clothing .... so that jacket is becoming a bit to Harley for me every time I go back to the pic .......... BUT it is still a nice jacket :P

A quick ride out to Melkbos to get some pastries for breakfast, sure there is a shop around the corner from me .......... but to get to Melkbos I get to do a nice slow ride along the coast and can then pin it down the R27 on the way back :P

What an amazing morning to be on a motorbike, or even a bicycle.

I set the bike up to catch the sun rays coming through the clouds, but as I got off and took my phone out to take the pics a bloody car came and parked right next to me, with a basically empty otherwise parking lot!

image.png.fc1e1f17ee470c0efe152c03d0827b81.png

image.png.7e0f415b02adb8e6daf8c60c2f0909ee.png

20 hours ago, Hairy said:

Looked again, the one thing that does put me off is all the HD branding .... nice jacket though.

I am the kind of guy that would not buy or generally wear any logo / branded clothing .... so that jacket is becoming a bit to Harley for me every time I go back to the pic .......... BUT it is still a nice jacket :P

Ypu can run but you cant hide.... i now have a couple of harley shirts, boots and a belt....how i am putty in their hands...

A lil trip to my local Harley dealer. Guildford Harley. A flagship dealer in the uk. 2 floors of Harley. Free coffee. The last 2 are some of the bikes sold. 3 electric charge stations. 

F03B40AE-A333-4F58-9582-F0F09DD0002B.jpeg

E5090B20-043B-4EAB-BE07-D4F1A85EEE59.jpeg

5D0408D1-E249-470E-9CC8-F1FA16D50ACB.jpeg

93CD1D97-06DF-4355-A942-6DA8A0ED9DE3.jpeg

FD9B1587-F7B4-4AF8-9E12-E576FB1464E7.jpeg

CAD8B3AE-75F7-4202-8DA5-94C5898FEFFE.jpeg

D30AB150-9D28-4512-9E61-1E54FDD3D049.jpeg

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

More. Just lekker to chill in today’s hectic world  

7A345803-13AA-46F0-83D1-378D399EAC9F.jpeg

I am really keen to swing a leg over a HD Fatboy!

The Little Orange and I recently completed a 3551 km trim from Hoekwil and back via Barkly East, Scottburgh, Josie and Middleburg. These pics are in the Karoo. I turned toward Beaufort West from Aberdeen and around midway I turned toward Rietbron and eventually to Klaarstoom and home.
C902297A-5A84-4E06-B66D-605D986B9274.jpeg.fe9fd10f8eb0201934e67d7baef6fcf2.jpegFB1547DA-6FF1-4C1A-812D-ADA2AB6D5F9C.jpeg.00971db5261b8e905da30f0bad0e5d29.jpeg8BF25F2E-7E85-4BE6-A3D9-4A6D456E80B9.jpeg.06691dcc5e49cd9df278d50e475b60d7.jpegI punctured badly with my Pirelli Rally STR on Naudes Neck, taking 4,5 hours for the 105 kms from Barkly East to Maclear……bit of an  endurance day that turned out to be to get to Scottburgh………over 11 hours in the hot seat!
In Josie I fitted a Motoz Tractionator GPS on the rear. It is a very tough tyre and Is apparently good for over 20 000 kms……..well, will see. I did fit a Mushroom plug in my Rally STR in Amanzimtoti  but felt to replace it all the same when in Josie.
I welcome coments on the use of tyres with internal mushroom plugs. This is the second time I have changed a tyre early with a puncture although fitted with said plugs. Previously was  Pirelli Angel ST with just 800 kms on. I am not the most trusting of these repairs when barrelling along at speeds that may be exceeding the recommended!

The Motoz is great, even in the dirt, especially when aired down to 2 bar.

Anyways……rambling over!

Lovely photos which to me represent a lifestyle into which I want to submege myself.With regrd to plugs: 

I have Nakaee 3s on my bike and had a mushroom plug put into my rear tyre well over a year ago. No problems. I think they are fine under all conditions. It's the gluey worm plugs you use on the road which give me a bit of concern althugh may people vouch for them having put them in and never had any problems with them. Even Ryan fortnine did a video on them.

I am about to replace my Anakee 3s and think I am about to go with Anakee adventures. I don't ride gravel as much as you do so at 80/20 they seem to be the best fit and come highly recommended. Those Motoz Tractionators are very highly regarded but seem a bit over the top for your use or do you do more gnarly stuff? One of my mates swears by Mitas E07s and, if you can get them, Shinkos also get good ratings.

Whatever the tyres, it seems like you're doing just fine and are ejoying life - just as it should be. 

A little project within a bigger one - the lovely cast finned exhaust nuts on the Velo have seen a few ham-fisted owners with hammers over the last 90years.  They are obviously not available anymore and putting on the later model type would just have bugged me.  So it was off to the 3d Printer we went, to make a duplicate.  Then off to our Foundry on the other end of Jhb to cast an Aluminium blank which will be used at a pattern to cast me 4 new ones, which I will machine.  Probably a bit of overkill seeing as everyone who owns one of these bikes has the later type on, but if not, why not!

20210909_132458.jpg

20210909_132628.jpg

IMG-20210913-WA0017.jpeg

IMG-20210917-WA0005.jpg