Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

1 hour ago, Andymann said:

You've got all the papers for the bike right?

Yes I have, as well as current registration, now expired.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

You will have to get at least a copy of his ID. Although, you will also have to find a way of getting an affidavit as well.

You can send me a PM when you are ready and I will put you in touch with someone who helped me.

Thanks Roddie; that is a difficulty as I have asked for this but will re-check as to how he's placed.

35 minutes ago, mazambaan said:

Thanks Roddie; that is a difficulty as I have asked for this but will re-check as to how he's placed.

Hopefully he has signed a power of attorney to someone local, that could help.

22 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Hopefully he has signed a power of attorney to someone local, that could help.

Good thinking; I am dozy.

Thanks to everyone, further ideas welcome, pm if you like to avoid cluttering the thread.

14 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Received an awesome birthday present for me and could not be any happier!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2007 BMW G650X Challenge with a few upgrades: Acerbis Handguards, Shorty Levers and Upgraded Rear Shock. The seller also included a set of proper off-road tyres and a silencer. The bike has just under 11 000km on the clock and paid R30 000 for it.

So amped and the bike sounds amazing! What a machine. Looking forward to our 170km trip on Thursday.

This is a very lekker bike……enjoy it!

16 hours ago, mazambaan said:

Registration; oh boy. I have a Husky 501 that I bought from a guy who emigrated. Very pleasant and good deal I think BUT he's now overseas and I need to get the thing registered.  All I have is his ID No. ????, no forms filled in. Possible?

Changing vehicle registration in SA... I don't miss that. I only managed to sell my SA car after I emigrated and it must have taken the better part of a year with the back-and-forth emails and info to finally get it into the buyers name. I can't recall the exact process or what the issues were.

When I sold my car here in NZ I simply needed contact details for the buyer. Login to the New Zealand Traffic Authority website. Fill in the details which then "sends" the registration to the buyer. the buyer then "accepts receipt" of the registration. All online. Takes minutes. Costs nothing.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Also got a nice mount from my friend for the gear:

Could you please post a pic of just the mount?

Cool thanks.

That looks like a 3D printed item .... a friend of mine has a 3D printer ... think I need to have a talk with him RE one of these.

2 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Yeah, 3D printed - my friend owns one. Works like a bomb.

Does that pinch the back of the helmet ... ie would the foam at the back deform over time?

Hairy,

Do you think it would be possible for me to jump on this bandwagon and ask your mate to print me a GoPro chin mount? For a fee of course.

45 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Hairy,

Do you think it would be possible for me to jump on this bandwagon and ask your mate to print me a GoPro chin mount? For a fee of course.

Provide the model and we can only ask him ... he is a really great guy ok and is also on this site .

@ChristiaanSt