Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

4 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Your eyes are not deceiving you - my friend said the same thing to me the other day we went for a ride.

All I can think of is that I need to readjust the rear shock since it was set up according to the previous owner who was heavier than me.

The rear shock is not OEM, it was built by a guy in Cape Town, so maybe I should visit him to tune it according to my weight and height.

The rebound must be non-existent then if it is the rear shock. That looks likes the forks are too long, the angle of the forks to the headstock looks off. Hopefully nothing but maybe something to look at measuring and then comparing to the stock figures.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/7/2021 at 3:59 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Harley ownership is like the hotel california....

Ride a Triumph you ride alone.... :)

I will always have a soft spot for Harley. If circumstances allow in the future, I will get another one.

48 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

I will always have a soft spot for Harley. If circumstances allow in the future, I will get another one.

You are going to need an "aged" brown leather Triumph jacket, gloves and boots, with a 3.4 helmet goggles and I hope you can grow a hipster beard :P

2 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Not to brag or anything but I think my design is better...........DSC_1884.JPG.b3f98bfbbdd83baba8551a6c0f6d9369.JPGDSC_1880.JPG.27258b4b2c85e7054f19c94d74470163.JPG

Flipping awesome ... could I please ask for some detailed pics as a friend is looking to make himself one.

Anything you would have done differently, and anything that was just plain genius?

I always had a soft spot for the BMX.

You got a stellar deal there Andrew, I'm quite envious.

I had to see a client on the other side of pretoria on friday, man alive was I excited to get to go somewhere other than the office and JHB sites. Then I got sad because I got excited about going to Pretoria.

Did final drive replacement last weekend. The previous chain & sprockets lasted around 30k kms. Not bad for someone that does chain maintenance erratically.

I am not enjoying riding bike in traffic at the moment, the amount of close calls due to cage driver error and general inattentiveness is up to about 3 a week. I'm worried that my spidey sense will let me down soon, and I'm dreading the consequences. I have reduced my general speed to a lot lower, and I'm basically trusting no-one to drive predictably. Uber scooter drivers at the moment is 1 on my sh1tlist, followed shortly by soccer moms in big suv's , uber/bolt cars and taxis last on the list.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:06 PM, Hairy said:

Have you lot looked a little closer and noted the bicycle rack on the back

image.png.d538bafd933c3a48f568dd3172cd6248.png

Thats a wheelie bar man, doubles up as bicycle!

Edited by Eddy Gordo

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Flipping awesome ... could I please ask for some detailed pics as a friend is looking to make himself one.

Anything you would have done differently, and anything that was just plain genius?

The bike and rack have long since gone, but I am happy to send all of the pics I have on this. Happy to chat about how it worked.
It is not ideal to transport a bicycle on a motorbike. My goal was to minimize the overhang by having it down the side of the bike. It is a fine balance though and makes filtering a bugger but it allowed me to keep the topbox for kit and the rear seat was also open for kit.
It did require the pannier brackets to bolt to.
PM me and we can exchange numbers. Makes sending images easier using whatsapp.