Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

11 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

The bike and rack have long since gone, but I am happy to send all of the pics I have on this. Happy to chat about how it worked.
It is not ideal to transport a bicycle on a motorbike. My goal was to minimize the overhang by having it down the side of the bike. It is a fine balance though and makes filtering a bugger but it allowed me to keep the topbox for kit and the rear seat was also open for kit.
It did require the pannier brackets to bolt to.
PM me and we can exchange numbers. Makes sending images easier using whatsapp.

Thanks ... sent him the link to your post and he said he looked at a side mount system, but decided not to go that way.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight hijack here - Hairy, have you seen my latest video? I know it's 39 minutes long but do you think the guys here may be interested in seeing it? 

Edited by sawystertrance
Duh. Spelling

1 hour ago, sawystertrance said:

Slight hijack here - Hairy, have you seen my latest video? I know it's 39 minutes long but do you think the guys here may be interested in seeing it? 

I do not recall ... but send the link already tchjina .... sharing is caring!

On 10/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Not to brag or anything but I think my design is better...........DSC_1884.JPG.b3f98bfbbdd83baba8551a6c0f6d9369.JPGDSC_1880.JPG.27258b4b2c85e7054f19c94d74470163.JPG

Man, I admire you guys carrying your bicycles…….if I am on my motorcycle I think the bicycle will be the last think I think about!! Honestly, I would be riding to an MTB area and just think…….buggar that, got in excess of 100hp……let’s s jol!

1 hour ago, BSG said:

Luckily I made it back home safely. Whow what a bike, I can't wait to see more areas from the bike asap.

IMG-20211015-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20211015-WA0006.jpg

Congrats BSG……wish you many happy miles. I am up the road in Hoekwill, shout if you need info in various routes (though sure you know the area) or feel the need to share road space with a Katoom driver! I have trekked the surrounding area for several tyres worth. There is so much good dirt riding in our area. I am however back to mid east on Wednesday. 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, Hairy said:

Things are getting exciting again!

She is back in Holland now. Not sure where she is up to in her her rally vids but I saw her bike at The Motorcycle Room in Knysna last week. Savannah looking a little worse for wear after a prang.

17 hours ago, Spokey said:

Congrats BSG……wish you many happy miles. I am up the road in Hoekwill, shout if you need info in various routes (though sure you know the area) or feel the need to share road space with a Katoom driver! I have trekked the surrounding area for several tyres worth. There is so much good dirt riding in our area. I am however back to mid east on Wednesday. 

Thanks Spokey will definitely see you some time on the gravel somewhere.

Unfortunately I only got the bike on Friday morning, the clock was set on a wrong time and I raced to get back to the office only to discover that I arrived almost 2 hours earlier than what the actual time was.

The lady that works with me in the office also went on leave on Friday afternoon, so no real riding for me for the next 3 weekends and 2 weeks.????

Anyone whos good with 4 stroke motors who could PM me? Buying a Ktm mildy seized exc 450 and would like a 2nd opinion on the damage. Its road legal so its ideal