Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Most of these dealers turn over their stock so quickly I don't see how they can go over it thoroughly.
I was looking at bikes on WeBuyCars, they have a Dekra report but it is so generic and cut and paste, it is actually pretty useless!!!

A dealer worth his salt and reputation has an obligation to ensure the motorcycle is safe and has been gone over. They could be held liable. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

A dealer worth his salt and reputation has an obligation to ensure the motorcycle is safe and has been gone over. They could be held liable. 

Agreed, although nothing Hairy has mentioned really has safety implications. Perhaps the numberplate light..

41 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Agreed, although nothing Hairy has mentioned really has safety implications. Perhaps the numberplate light..

I think the following could apply if it were that argument

1. retention pin/pivot to the front brake lever
  2. belt guard ... loose clothing or straps, whatever can get hooked in there
  3. license plate light meh

57 minutes ago, Hairy said:

1. I had a Honda RVF and those would rattle out if not checked. I suppose a little loctite should have been applied.

That same RVF fell off the stand. (don't ask) You'd be shocked at how much damage was done by that silly little topple over. That bike is the only "object" I've ever owned that I truly miss. The motor made such a sweet sound and the bike had so much character. It wasn't as scary to ride as my CBR so it felt ok to belt it a bit. This is the only pic I have of both bikes together.

Some TIK KOP low life POS and his mates jumped our wall and stole it along with a whole lot of other stuff. he rode it till it ran out of gas and abandoned it. It was recovered and I got it back but the love affair was over.

IMG_4843.JPG

Edited by Duane_Bosch

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

True, missed that.......

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

1. I had a Honda RVF and those would rattle out if not checked. I suppose a little loctite should have been applied.

That same RVF fell off the stand. (don't ask) You'd be shocked at how much damage was done by that silly little topple over. That bike is the only "object" I've ever owned that I truly miss. The motor made such a sweet sound and the bike had so much character. It wasn't as scary to ride as my CBR so it felt ok to belt it a bit. This is the only pic I have of both bikes together.

Some TIK KOP low life POS and his mates jumped our wall and stole it along with a whole lot of other stuff. he rode it till it ran out of gas and abandoned it. It was recovered and I got it back but the love affair was over.

IMG_4843.JPG

Always thought the CBR600's with the underseat exhausts were so damn classy looking. Still rate the earlier underseat model design right up there with the 916 in termos of aesthetic beauty. 

One day, maybe i will have one...nice red. 

9 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Always thought the CBR600's with the underseat exhausts were so damn classy looking. Still rate the earlier underseat model design right up there with the 916 in termos of aesthetic beauty. 

There was one parked on the floor here for a few months, repsol colours. I lusted after that bike.

14 hours ago, ouzo said:

There was one parked on the floor here for a few months, repsol colours. I lusted after that bike.

Mine was in the HRC colors. Loved it. I love the Telefonica ones. And the other day I saw a blade in the West colors. Remember the West Honda's with Barros and Capirex?

My one mate has a blade that he's turned into a race bike. HRC colors and he rides with a Marquez replica shoei. Such a neat setup.

Somehow I've got a soft spot for Hondas. Everyone lusts after Ducati 998's but I lust after the SP1 of the same era.

15 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Mine was an 08. Which for me was the prettiest version of that under seat exhaust CBR. And I love the race replica color ones. The underseat exhaust wasn't without it's challenges. on a hot day in traffic you'd end up with a set of hard boiled eggs in no time. I shudder to think what it would be like for a pillion.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:33 AM, Andrew_Smith said:

Beautiful KLR with lekker aggressive looking tyres @Spokey

Thanks! Dunlop 606 on the rear and Pirelli MT21 on front. I removed the rear foot pegs too, kind of looks nicer, IMHO of course! 

17 minutes ago, Spokey said:

Thanks! Dunlop 606 on the rear and Pirelli MT21 on front. I removed the rear foot pegs too, kind of looks nicer, IMHO of course! 

I have never ridden a bike with "knobblies" before .... how does it handle on tar, and especially in the turns and braking?

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Mine was an 08. Which for me was the prettiest version of that under seat exhaust CBR. And I love the race replica color ones. The underseat exhaust wasn't without it's challenges. on a hot day in traffic you'd end up with a set of hard boiled eggs in no time. I shudder to think what it would be like for a pillion.

I used to have a ZX6R with underseat exhaust but can't say that I ever noticed the heat from under the seat.  The engine was more than hot enough though for me to not really notice heat from anywhere else.  

1914958_171766086006_6378189_n.jpg

17 minutes ago, dirtypot said:

I used to have a ZX6R with underseat exhaust but can't say that I ever noticed the heat from under the seat.  The engine was more than hot enough though for me to not really notice heat from anywhere else.  

1914958_171766086006_6378189_n.jpg

That's hot.

I love middleweight sports bikes. I kinda wish Honda would remake the RVF. That sweet singing little V4 in a modern chassis with modern brakes and Geo. With the single sided swing arm of course. And in Cabin Honda colors. Fans of Rossi (The honda years will know what I'm talking about)

If that became a reality I'd buy one.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

13 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

That's hot.

I love middleweight sports bikes. I kinda wish Honda would remake the RVF. That sweet singing little V4 in a modern chassis with modern brakes and Geo. With the single sided swing arm of course. And in Cabin Honda colors. Fans of Rossi (The honda years will know what I'm talking about)

If that became a reality I'd buy one.

Yeah I look at the bikes on the floor here and when there is a 600 it always just seems to me to be that bit better looking as a package than the bigger bikes.

But the prices of bikes makes my eyes water, top of the rang 'Blade is close to 500k.

And then there is the "me" safety factor. I know how I push the limits of my abilities on a bicycle, i'd be dead in a week if I got a motorised bike.

12 minutes ago, ouzo said:

But the prices of bikes makes my eyes water, top of the rang 'Blade is close to 500k.

Sure. But what does a 4 wheel equivalent cost. What does a street legal track focused Porsche cost? 4 million?

Another unabashed lover of 600's / 750's. never seen the point of larger than that to be honest. 

600 is the perfect machine i reckon. Pity no one makes em anymore. 

As my wife now is keen to come touring i will need to look at tourers and they all large cc motors. The new Suzuki sure is pretty too. 

Edited by IceCreamMan