Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually managed to remove the Cat after undoing and removing what felt like every bolt holding the engine to the frame.  

At least the bike will now breath easier and a will be a little lighter. 

Once everything is back together I’ll record an audio file of the new setup. 

0E06433E-2E78-43A3-9F77-58F3D0A11243.jpeg

1 hour ago, BSG said:

So I eventually bought my dream bike in November 2021.

Only upgrade so far was the original pipe swopped with the Titanium Acrapovic pipe and the Anakee 3 tyres were replaced with Dunlop Trailmax.

IMG_20211016_202425_844.jpg

20220208_173658.jpg

20220208_173715.jpg

Hallo Bennie! Gaan dit goed? Daai yster lyk mooi.🤙

43 minutes ago, BenReaper said:

And she's a runner! 👏

Went for a test ride and even though I find the seating position and handlebars moer uncomfortable in comparison to my GS it is still a blast to swing a leg over this machine.

20220219_145935.jpg

Screenshot_20220219-174338_Gallery.jpg

Those bikes are rockets!

2 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Those bikes are rockets!

Definitely when they are dialed in. This one needs a carb clean and it's a hodge-podge of mixed parts at the moment. Got the 750cc motor in here with 600cc wiring loom and cdi so timing/feuling is a bit off. Getting a new battery on Tuesday then she'll be start up and go.( had to jump start to ride it today)

I'm selling this to a mate and included in the sale is a near complete 600cc bike braken up into spares. He can sort out the niggles as he's planning a restoration in any case, my goal was only to get it running decently for my piece of mind.

But in short yes Eddy! This thing fook offs!🤯

12 minutes ago, BenReaper said:

Definitely when they are dialed in. This one needs a carb clean and it's a hodge-podge of mixed parts at the moment. Got the 750cc motor in here with 600cc wiring loom and cdi so timing/feuling is a bit off. Getting a new battery on Tuesday then she'll be start up and go.( had to jump start to ride it today)

I'm selling this to a mate and included in the sale is a near complete 600cc bike braken up into spares. He can sort out the niggles as he's planning a restoration in any case, my goal was only to get it running decently for my piece of mind.

I had a 750 Srad. First FI version. Was faster than fireblades at the time. Arrow pipe sounded the mutts nutts 

must look for a 600  cheap as chips here  512778AE-DF42-446C-B612-9F41BE2285FB.jpeg.f8269fa12b4b05039076c5262d658b58.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan

37 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I had a 750 Srad. First FI version. Was faster than fireblades at the time. Arrow pipe sounded the mutts nutts 

must look for a 600  cheap as chips here  512778AE-DF42-446C-B612-9F41BE2285FB.jpeg.f8269fa12b4b05039076c5262d658b58.jpeg

What a beauty 😍(the bike, not you so much 😜), I have a soft spot for these and the TLR.

6 minutes ago, BenReaper said:

What a beauty 😍(the bike, not you so much 😜), I have a soft spot for these and the TLR.

Nearly 25 years ago. Young and dangerously good looking. Now just dangerously good looking. 

1 hour ago, BenReaper said:

Yeah, I love them gsxr's I have certainly pushed the handling limits on mine back in the day. They also where not called slingshot for nothing. Also very reliable bikes

15 hours ago, BenReaper said:

Hallo Bennie! Gaan dit goed? Daai yster lyk mooi.🤙

Hi ja dinge gaan goed dankie. Ek het die fiets vir 'n bargain gekry en geniet hom baie.

Hi All

Bit of advice RE visors please

How do you treat your visors when cleaning, and do you use any products to assist in repelling water once cleaned?

I have a bottle of clear silicone tyre spray that I think may do a good job on the visor, once on it wipes off clean and clear ..... so it may be an option to use on the visor?

When at Flying Brick the other day, I had a brief drizzle experience that led to a dirty visor. When paying at the till, I asked the guy if he could possibly just wipe down the visor for me please. He went to town cleaning it and when riding back the visor smelt like Mr Min. Mr Min I assume would do a similar job that I am hoping the silicone tyre spray would do.

2 coats of C Thru on the visor, rain wont stick to the visor. Just make sure, it can be used on the visor material as not all will be compatible.

Motul Helmet and Visor cleaner and Muc off Visor cleaner works well for cleaning

Edited by Eddy Gordo

2 hours ago, BSG said:

Hi ja dinge gaan goed dankie. Ek het die fiets vir 'n bargain gekry en geniet hom baie.

Dit is goed! Ek sou nou December weer n trip met my laaitie gedoen het en weer daar by julle kom inloer het, maar het Covid gekry oor kersfees. 

Iewers in die jaar gaan ek nog probeer om met die motorfiets vir n naweek by my pel op George te gaan kuier dan moet ons saam n draai gaan ry.

Edited by BenReaper

After about 2 years of procrastinating I finally listed my Husky FE350 to sell.

In a moment of bravado (or stupidity) I figured I would list it as a $1 reserve auction on TradeMe (NZ's equivalent of Gumtree/Bid-or-Buy).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/dirt-bikes/listing/3480215838?bof=F26QHqAU

1702531271.jpg

Slightly horrified, my wife asked what would I do if the auction is a flop and it only gets to a few hundred dollars (as I'm legally obligated to sell for any bid over $1). Fortunately it seems to be going all right and my gamble may pay off... whew 😅

Kiwis are suckers for the $1 auction frenzy!😈