Jump to content

Is motorcycling allowed?


Guest EdEdEd
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Yeah, fingers crossed @Steven Knoetze (sk27) hopefully it is only bearings that need replacing. But like you said, worse cast scenario for a rebuild, at least you know then that you have a 'new' bike to ride with.

I just remember from chatting with Jade (I did mention it before) that BMW were super cautious with that bike - any deviation from the service interval and the warranty was voided.  I also recall that there was a customer complaint that did the rounds where BMW downloaded info from the ECU and saw the bike had been overrevved so also didn't want to honor a warranty claim.

They must have been concerned about something, so when you do have it repaired, make damn sure you stick to all the correct service intervals, otherwise you might be sitting with another R15k down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to a site inspection this afternoon to Durbanville and came back past Hoogies ... the road near the R47 was flooded as usual, so I let the on coming cars go past first and I started to putter through in the middle of the road ... very near the end some big bloody white bakkie comes from the front at speed, I hand signal this ^#$&^#$&^ to slow down or wait .... he just goes faster, and I am sure, with the intent of wetting me on the bike ....... did I have some colourful language for him!

Then onto the R27 where I hooked a right towards Melkbos, as I just had a funny feeling about going past Da Nuun tonight. The wind was flipping crazy, in particular where you turn off the R27 on the link road to Melkbos ... It was a bit on the sketchy side of things!

BUT ... the views coming down from the Meerendal side with setting sun coming through the stormy clouds and bright green fields was spectacular!

Edited by Hairy on a Davidson
Grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice Hairy. That's a nice ride for a Harley. I rode out there in Sept 2019 to see the daisies in Darling and thought what a cruising kind of ride it was. Once past Koeberg it really opens up. On a more current note, I just lost my job so I think I'll be spending more time here. Once I am vaccinated I hope to do some rides and make some videos and of course make plans for that coffee catch-up with you guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I took out of this, is that you lost your Job. Sorry to hear, especially in the current climes. I truly hope you have something to fall back on.

I lost my job end of December (instead of the expected small Bonus, I got a dear John letter instead) Since then I've been looking for other gainful employment, with no success (too old, too white and too Afrikaans, lol.....) Still fighting with UIF to just acknowledge my claim or to give me an indication if and when I can expect a payout. Used most of my savings to survive up to now, and also trying to get a new business established. But hey, I've managed to keep all my accounts up to date, and food on my table, so I can't complain, there is a lot of people worse of than me.

Best of luck for you going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wannabe, sorry to hear that. What kind of business are you in? 

This raises an opportunity for us, I think. In my experience it is often the case that having a network of connections opens opportunities which you might have otherwise missed or not been aware of. 

To all here, I use Signal now rather than Whatsapp and I thought that those of us here who wanted to stay in touch outside the thread and either just swap stories, have a chat, arrange a ride or even perhaps talk about (un)employment, could exchange numbers and do so via a Signal group. Send me a PM with your number if you re interested in either just one-to-one chatting or forming a group and we can go from there.

Cheers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sawystertrance said:

Nice Hairy. That's a nice ride for a Harley. I rode out there in Sept 2019 to see the daisies in Darling and thought what a cruising kind of ride it was. Once past Koeberg it really opens up. On a more current note, I just lost my job so I think I'll be spending more time here. Once I am vaccinated I hope to do some rides and make some videos and of course make plans for that coffee catch-up with you guys. 

Flip man, really sorry to hear this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was pouring with rain this morning, as I opened my garage door the rain stopped and I had a clear spell into town. During peak hour from Table View to Moullie Point, and not riding like a chop on the bike, it took my 28min.

Between meetings I also just missed the rain spells and only hit some light rain about 5km from home.

All in a good day on the bike.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-01 at 12.01.33.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Boet. Curved balls and all that. That ride of yours sounds very lucky. Riding in rain, though sometimes fun, is mostly not. 

Is that Sotano? I used to hang out there a lot but of course not much of  late. It's a great location although the sewage smell is too much if the wind is wrong. 

Great photo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sawystertrance said:

Thanks Boet. Curved balls and all that. That ride of yours sounds very lucky. Riding in rain, though sometimes fun, is mostly not. 

Is that Sotano? I used to hang out there a lot but of course not much of  late. It's a great location although the sewage smell is too much if the wind is wrong. 

Great photo.

This is outside of the Dolphin Inn ... a landmark small yellow building between towering monster buildings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sawystertrance said:

Wannabe, sorry to hear that. What kind of business are you in? 

This raises an opportunity for us, I think. In my experience it is often the case that having a network of connections opens opportunities which you might have otherwise missed or not been aware of. 

To all here, I use Signal now rather than Whatsapp and I thought that those of us here who wanted to stay in touch outside the thread and either just swap stories, have a chat, arrange a ride or even perhaps talk about (un)employment, could exchange numbers and do so via a Signal group. Send me a PM with your number if you re interested in either just one-to-one chatting or forming a group and we can go from there.

Cheers

 

 

Used to be in Corporate Cleaning, trying to get my own little cleaning Company going, but finding it tough in the current situation.

Also used most of my savings (maybe a not so clever move) to buy the rights to sell and install a liquid rubber product similar to the well known Ecorubber, in Western Cape. Good product, good business model, but bad timing, as product can't be applied in the wet, for obvious reasons. Luckily lots of peeps are now wanting to have their leaking roofs sorted out, so lots of interest in my product and services. Due to the rain we're having, I'm unfortunately sitting at home, banging away at the keyboard, and not on roofs making money. Lol....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

 

Used to be in Corporate Cleaning, trying to get my own little cleaning Company going, but finding it tough in the current situation.

Also used most of my savings (maybe a not so clever move) to buy the rights to sell and install a liquid rubber product similar to the well known Ecorubber, in Western Cape. Good product, good business model, but bad timing, as product can't be applied in the wet, for obvious reasons. Luckily lots of peeps are now wanting to have their leaking roofs sorted out, so lots of interest in my product and services. Due to the rain we're having, I'm unfortunately sitting at home, banging away at the keyboard, and not on roofs making money. Lol....

Hi @Wannabecould you drop me a PM please RE the product you are referring to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Ah yes I know it. Next to where my favourite Friday after work bar used to be . And I can't even remember its name. Haha

If you can't remember the bars name you clearly stayed there till late :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout