Bike Rack For 4 MTB

BikerBob

Been doing some research but coming up short on how to transport bikes for a family of 4.

Most racks seem to max out at 3 bikes ... and I am told the few that advertise 4 MTB probably will not fit 4 bikes if two are 29ers

Any ideas ?

I've seen four Prorides on a roof already. This might be your cheapest option. Optionally get a Euroway for 2/3 bikes and the rest on roof or vice versa.

Edited by Cippo

Been doing some research but coming up short on how to transport bikes for a family of 4.

Most racks seem to max out at 3 bikes ... and I am told the few that advertise 4 MTB probably will not fit 4 bikes if two are 29ers

Any ideas ?

I use the Buzz Rack Buzzy Bee 4, I've had 2 29ers and 2 26ers on it at once, fits quite easily, you just need to make sure the handlebars and saddles don't get in the way.

Edit: lowering the saddles helps a lot

Edited by nickcza

I use the Buzz Rack Buzzy Bee 4, I've had 2 29ers and 2 26ers on it at once, fits quite easily, you just need to make sure the handlebars and saddles don't get in the way.

Edit: lowering the saddles helps a lot

Also make sure your tow hitch is rated to take the vertical load, you may exceed it with four mountain bikes (if that's what you are carrying). A trailer is the best option in my opinion for 4 bikes

Also make sure your tow hitch is rated to take the vertical load, you may exceed it with four mountain bikes (if that's what you are carrying). A trailer is the best option in my opinion for 4 bikes

True. Thule and Bosal towbars have a 75kg vertical load limit, which is more than enough.

Towbar SA on the other hand, those are way too flimsy.

I fit 4 bikes on my thule roof rack but fuel consumption drops from 15km/l down to 9.5km/l driving at 128km/h with my c180k and my 3500 v6 pajero drop from 7.5km/l to 6.5km/l at sam speed

I fit 4 bikes on my thule roof rack but fuel consumption drops from 15km/l down to 9.5km/l driving at 128km/h with my c180k and my 3500 v6 pajero drop from 7.5km/l to 6.5km/l at sam speed

I just know I would forget the bikes were up there... drive under a low gantry or something :cursing:

I have the Buzzrack Quattoro and works quite well. Fitted 4 bikes on it.

Bought from Barry at Rack and Carry - very good service.

Plus the Buzzracks have a 5year guarantee. Had a problem with the clamps after 18 months and there are replacement parts in the post.

I have the Buzzrack Quattoro and works quite well. Fitted 4 bikes on it.

Bought from Barry at Rack and Carry - very good service.

Plus the Buzzracks have a 5year guarantee. Had a problem with the clamps after 18 months and there are replacement parts in the post.

I also have a Buzzrack Quattro - and you can fit 4 full size bikes on it - bit of a jigsaw puzzle the first time, but it does work.

Thanks everyone !

I must admit the Thule racks look good ... but they are just so much more expensive.

I will definitely have good look at BuzzRack