Western Province Championship XCO at Contermankloof Race Report

News bot

This past weekend saw Contermanskloof host the 2014 Western Province Championship XCO. Despite earlier weather predictions of heavy downpours on Saturday, conditions turned out close to perfect for racing. Apart from a blitz mist bank covering the track for a while during the afternoon, it was sunny and dry, albeit a little nippy.

Click here to view the article

My boy at this event. He found the climb quite tough. His cycling buddies from school did good though, winning the Sub Junior Boys and Youth Men categories.

My boy at this event. He found the climb quite tough. His cycling buddies from school did good though, winning the Sub Junior Boys and Youth Men categories.

not only your son, me to & I rode Sub Vets

If his mate is the Moir kid, that lightie can RIDE. Trains with his dad, Mark Moir, who's no slouch himself.

No, it's the kids from the other side of the bay, Michard and Matthew. That Moir kid is a freak though.

No, it's the kids from the other side of the bay, Michard and Matthew. That Moir kid is a freak though.

Lol. Yeah he is. But his dad rides for re:cm iirc. He's up at tokai all the time. Kids got talent.