What did you enjoy most about the 2014 Sappi Karkloof classic???

Impi Concept Events

Here at Impi and the Sappi Karkloof classic, we are always trying to up and better the experience of our event to keep you all happy and coming back for more...

Please share below your highs and lows of this years events so we can make 2015 a bigger and better event...

Thanks

post-53781-0-16387300-1401798274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Impi Concept Events

Seriously, you guys couldn't have put on a better race. That Enduro left me broken but reflecting on some of the most fun I've had on a bike.

Have to agree with that. Only thing was the 60km seemed to have more singletrack than the 40km, so ill be doing that one next year. Awesome event guys!

If we are talking about things to improve Karkloof race weekend in general.

Why dont you start a more technical shorter distance race?

Friday night is the night race, which was great, Saturday afternoon was the Enduro and Sunday was the 3 distances for ROAG points, prizemoney etc.

But the difference between the 20 and 40 is huge, not only in distance but in the technical riding. The 20 route I rode the weekend after and it was very straight forward and simple (which it should be), but if you are trying to improve riders skills and get them to enjoy/move up to the 40 then there needs to be a more challenging race.

So the suggestion which Steve and I have chatted about a few times is to use the time available (Saturday morning) and make another race, something like a 25km more in the mould of the 40km type route, singletrack, rockgardens etc. Then it doesnt have to be for ROAG points, prizemoney etc. But is a good distance for improving riders to try and really enjoy the best of Karkloof, up their skills and fill the void on Saturday morning. Could easily be done using the 15km technical route, with a few add ons like the climb up to Zille that the 30km route uses normally.

I would do it too, as it would be a nice ride between the night race and Sundays classics.

But overall as usual was a great weekend, even though I ride there all the time it's still awesome fun.

Have to agree with that. Only thing was the 60km seemed to have more singletrack than the 40km, so ill be doing that one next year. Awesome event guys!

about 20km more? :whistling: