Emmarentia to become paid access only?

Rata Del Spruit

I just read an article in one of the Caxton community rags saying that the council is wanting to close off Emmarentia and charge for access as per Walter Sisulul Botanical, has anybody heard anything about this or is it just fearmongering?

Someone had a bitch in the article about cyclists running down old ladies as well, as if we patrol the area waiting for them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact the paper.

Which one was it?

I've seen some okes riding like absolute douches in Emmerentia though. One oke said he'd shoot a mate of mine out walking his dogs. I mean wtf!

Some okes on bikes are douches - fact.

But I have yet to see a dog on a leash in Emmarentia in the mornings...

The dog-lovers are FAR from innocent

No doubt the old lady's stoepkakkertjie running all over the show and a cyclists nearly trapping him.

No doubt the old lady's stoepkakkertjie running all over the show and a cyclists nearly trapping him.

http://toddcomplexshow.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/angry-dog1.jpg

I just read an article in one of the Caxton community rags saying that the council is wanting to close off Emmarentia and charge for access as per Walter Sisulul Botanical, has anybody heard anything about this or is it just fearmongering?

Someone had a bitch in the article about cyclists running down old ladies as well, as if we patrol the area waiting for them.

That sucks and will really put a serious damper on the spruit for me. I wonder if it would also apply to the paddler dudes? Can't see them being happy about it either. Such a great feeling arriving there early in the morning and seeing the guys riding, paddling and generally just escaping the rat race for a bit.

As far as the dogs without leashes go, yeah, seen this as well but thankfully haven't had any negative encounters to date. I just let the dogs do their thing, say morning to the owner/s and pedal on my way.

Edited by FlandersZA

Wouldn't surprise me if they do.

So bloody typical of where this place is going

If you want to know were is this place going ,,,,,,,see above pics :(

If you want to know were is this place going ,,,,,,,see above pics :(

Ooooooh, I see what you did there. Clever !

There are only 2 really worthy sections there to be ridden.

The dogs and old people and the children which we run over aren't fun.

On a serious note though. WTF dogs not on leashes there, and the owners don't see an issue of dogs on the trails.

Several close calls with dogs.

Not fun at all.