Oakley Products

GlennSCrooks

I have 80 odd pairs of Oakleys, with not a single issue, its possibly the way you clean them or store them.

With 80 you probably wear one once a year. Normal folk can only buy one and expect it to last a lifetime.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few years ago i had a pair of Oakley spikes that replaced a pair of Serrengetti's i flushed down a manhole(best glasses i ever owned) the first pair's lenses bubbled, i sent them to the shop i purchased them at, three weeks later i heard nothing from them so i called their office which was in eastern cape at that time. The lady at who i spoke to said it was a pretty common problem and it was due to our climate difference here in south africa and their HD vision coating system, I did find it weird that she was telling me this, but thought maybe she's just new/honest, she then said that they are willing to replace the lenses at cost price R350 at that stage..... i obviousley did not accept that eventually after a fuss they sent me a new pair.... a year later same problem..... Now days i'm not keen on getting any glasses with any kind of coating on.

With 80 you probably wear one once a year. Normal folk can only buy one and expect it to last a lifetime.

For most of my pairs you are right, but when it comes to radars/radarlocks, I only have 7 pairs, so they all generally see a lot of use.

I have been a fan of Oakley for many years and currently I have 5 Pairs of Oakley product but Lately I have found that the Quality of their products have been deteriorating.. My Oakley Bat wolfs lenses have started to develop "bubbles" under their lenses. My Glasses frame that I have had for just over 2 year just snapped on the bridge of the Frame. My Half Jacket lenses (Transition Lenses) have stated to get, what I can only describe as cracks, in the lenses.. On the other hand. My Polarised Radars are brilliant. My racing jacket are so indestructible. The consistency of the products are just not the same as what they used to be

I got the same thing in a pair of glasses that I looked after, out of the blue I noticed lots of little cracks in the lenses.

Must be a fault with the material used to make the lenses.

So, I have been in discussion with Oakley and they have advised me to get into contact "Luxottica"

Any Thoughts about them. I have to send all my faulty glasses through to them to see what can be done about them..

Something I also wanted to mention, is that, Oakley products have increased in price and I see it as an investment. I really don't mind paying R3000 for a pair of QUALITY glasses but they you would expect the product to last..

So, I have been in discussion with Oakley and they have advised me to get into contact "Luxottica"

Any Thoughts about them. I have to send all my faulty glasses through to them to see what can be done about them..

Something I also wanted to mention, is that, Oakley products have increased in price and I see it as an investment. I really don't mind paying R3000 for a pair of QUALITY glasses but they you would expect the product to last..

R3k for what is in effect a few rands worth of plastic still seems a bit steep... I battle to part with R1k but I'll stretch it to R1500 if I find something that I really like.

Like I said earlier though, I'll look elsewhere next time I'm in the market for sunnies unless Oakley had a blow out sale somewhere.

Luxottica is their retail shop. Oakley SA brings in, prada, ray bans etc and then sells them through their retail shops. Might be otherway around?

I know sunglass hut, luxottica, oakley, prada, ray-bans are all conected

3 weeks ago my radar lock path lenses started bubbling and peeling off, this after purchasing them a year ago. I returned them.. Guys Oakley simply told me it's the way I changed the lenses over time that led to the peeling lens! Oakley simply wipes their behind off at you, the optician told me that their aftermarket service is so pathetic! You're merely a number with them! Last time I'll ever buy oakleys! I really expected more from them as I expected good returns after I invested do much into a pair of sunglasses! So there you have it folks..

I had the same experience with adidas, been an oakley fan for years, and now I am thinking of just sticking to ray bans. Too many plastic fakes around

Luxxotica also owns Sunglasses Hut, imagine the markups/profits they achieve owning the manufacturing/distribution and retail sites.

R2-3k for 50g of plastic is quite a good business to be in!

hi ,

dont touch those cheap glaases in the above site(they should be less than a dollar each),

i am an oakley dealer,

they have just extended the warranty period from one year to two years.

sunstop@iafrica.com

So other than Rudy Project, what compares to radar's? (style and fit but better durability)