Pretoria MTB Rides

DieVlieg

Pretoria Croup Rides

I had some success personally in another thread meeting some riders in the Pretoria area to go Mountain Biking with. Therefore I'd like to start a new thread for Pretoria MTB riders to post their needs for riding partners.

Weather it be Morning Rides, Night Rides, Weekend Rides post it here together with some of your requirements use the list belof as guidance.

1. Starting area

2. Staring time

3. Intended route description.

4. Riding distance

5. Pace

6. Also state if you are in it for fun or if you want to do serious training

Mountain biking takes us to places we rarely get to see otherwise and sometimes to remote places where there is nobody around. Mountain Biking is also more enjoyable with others.

Riding in numbers ensures safety, you learn new routes and areas and you may even pick up some skills.

Post your next ride in this thread and ask someone to join.

Always have fun no matter what!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got into mountain biking and bought myself the giant talon 27.5 1.

Got the bicycle in mid May and I've done just under 100km.

First time in a long while that I bought somthing and really felt it's money well spent.

Would be awesome to train/ride with someone over weekends and learn a few things.

Went to Groenkloof last weekend had n great ride..Almost thought I got lost at some point haha.

1. I'm based in the Colby/Queenswood area

2. Early mornings.Mostly weekends

3. Single track or similar to what I experienced at Groenkloof

4. 15-20km

5. Depends on the amount of hills(fitness is getting there)

6. Very keen to do race in the near future.But a ride for fun is as good as any

@hof27 : I am going to the Blue Moonlight Race on Sat from Rietonale. I can take an extra bike. They have shorter routes too. I will be doing the long one and will be out on track for a while but you are welcome to join if you like.

@hof27 : I am going to the Blue Moonlight Race on Sat from Rietonale. I can take an extra bike. They have shorter routes too. I will be doing the long one and will be out on track for a while but you are welcome to join if you like.

I dont have a light yet but I'll keep it mind thanx

I dont have a light yet but I'll keep it mind thanx

He-he , it is the name of the venue. It is a Sat morning race.

He-he , it is the name of the venue. It is a Sat morning race.

lol..Just shows how new I am to this..Cool..I'm in..I's there a site I can pre-register on?Aslo i dont have a racing license which I've heard you need nowdays

It is at xdirt dot co.za, but you can register on the morning. It will be COLD. Check it out. Think about it (you will be waiting for me for a while) and PM if you are keen.

Nice! I'm glad there is interest.

On Saturday I am riding at Groenkloof from 07:00 the morning. Unfortunately it wont be much fun as I am on search for loose rocky climbs but will do the nicer single tracks in between. I will also head out to nearby Klapperkop afterwards. I hope to do at least 3 hours of riding but feel free to join me any time during this time I'll be willing to ride to the entrance to meat.

I am power training for a marathon next week at Van Gaalens however I'm not even close to being even a top 40% finisher. Send me an IM

We're riding form the Maniyaks Shop there, then race, then back :ph34r:

1. Maniyak Cycles shop, Montana Value Mart

2. 17:00 and 19:00 every Thursday Night

3. North next to Molotto Road, into the Buffelsdrift Bewarea. Some singletrack and climbs

4. 35km to 40 km per loop

5. First loop is a Hammerfest - pace up to 27km/h. Second loop is chilled night group ride, no drop always wait, pace around 20km/h max. Coffee afterwards at the shop.

6. First loop is C for Serious, second loop is not so serious.

Ive also been riding alone for quite a while.

Will be following and get back into into it, the Ibis is collecting some serious dust :wacko:

The Pretoria riding group (friends) I've had over the past 8 years, all got married....... need I say more. :ph34r:

We're riding form the Maniyaks Shop there, then race, then back :ph34r:

1. Maniyak Cycles shop, Montana Value Mart

2. 17:00 and 19:00 every Thursday Night

3. North next to Molotto Road, into the Buffelsdrift Bewarea. Some singletrack and climbs

4. 35km to 40 km per loop

5. First loop is a Hammerfest - pace up to 27km/h. Second loop is chilled night group ride, no drop always wait, pace around 20km/h max. Coffee afterwards at the shop.

6. First loop is C for Serious, second loop is not so serious.

Chatted to a few of your members on route today. Nice guys. Will try to join you one Thursday. I was the Ninja in long black clothes.