Show your Santa Cruz

M L

Decided to give the Hightower some fresh squish at the back. First impressions of the DPX2 is very good. Great small bump compliance and very plush. Easy to get full use of the travel. Will still tinker a little bit with sag and rebound though.

getting my DPX2 this sat , can't wait  :clap:

will go onto a Meta V4 tho  :ph34r:

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eagle ?

Yes bike was equipped with Sram Eagle

Nothing against Sram….

Tested it on some short steep climbs (+20%) and long steep climbs (13%) and my knee's did not cope well... they were sore for weeks, not the Blurs fault.

just would prefer a 2x instead of 1 x

Pity they are like hens teeth

Yes bike was equipped with Sram Eagle

Nothing against Sram….

Tested it on some short steep climbs (+20%) and long steep climbs (13%) and my knee's did not cope well... they were sore for weeks, not the Blurs fault.

just would prefer a 2x instead of 1 x

Pity they are like hens teeth

So is it the big jumps that bother you ? i.e. do you prefer tighter ratio gearing ?

So is it the big jumps that bother you ? i.e. do you prefer tighter ratio gearing ?

Yes that and the granny gear (34/50) was not granny enough for my local climbs. Being a test bike I had no option but the 34.

I wish manufacturers would provide the option for a FD on the new bikes....

Anyway maybe later this year I will be able to post my couch photo here.... or on the Spaz / canyon threads ????

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

can anyone on this thread confirm if you have managed to successfully run a 34T Oval chain ring on a Tallboy 3 2017?   

• 2 weeks later...