Winner of the Photo of the Day, May 2014

Matt

Guest notmyname

Sho, I thought this community was slightly more mature than fake votes with fake accounts.

Might as well go steal the bucks from a bank if you want the GoPro so badly....

It's corruption and a shameful deed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sho, I thought this community was slightly more mature than fake votes with fake accounts.

Might as well go steal the bucks from a bank if you want the GoPro so badly....

Every community has it's rotten rotten apples, fortunately the infection rate is low in ours.

Pity though that it is not those faking votes that lose out, but rather someone who just entered a picture fair and square. I guess that's just how it goes. What is fair anymore.

Pity though that it is not those faking votes that lose out, but rather someone who just entered a picture fair and square. I guess that's just how it goes. What is fair anymore.

I suspect the vote faker will be banned from the site, THAT's FAIR.

I go for panel to select best picture, then we might actually have a best pic winning not a mashup of pic/popularity contest...I got pm asking me to vote this month, which is *** style in my mind.

I agree, I think anyone that sent a pm out asking for votes should be disqualified. That's clearly going from best photo to just getting votes.

Am I the only person that doesn't quite see the value that picture brings to a photo competition?

I agree, I think anyone that sent a pm out asking for votes should be disqualified. That's clearly going from best photo to just getting votes.

Am I the only person that doesn't quite see the value that picture brings to a photo competition?

PM's are private, their content may not be disclosed according to HUB rules. Besides, value is relative.

PM's are private, their content may not be disclosed according to HUB rules. Besides, value is relative.

Who said anything about disclosing it. Admin can check very easily and just disqualify them, I don't care what was said.

None in other words ;)

Who said anything about disclosing it. Admin can check very easily and just disqualify them, I don't care what was said.

None in other words ;)

I hear you Perske :)

Admin may baulk at the idea of breaking their own rules.

Asking a fellow hubber to vote a particular way is no different to what happens on FB and other virtual communities every day. In fact, what happens here, mirrors real life as it did in the recent general elections. The result may not be what everyone wished for, but it remains legitimate nonetheless.

There is currently no rule against lobbying for votes, or voting for a mate. Until such a rule is specifically introduced, PM's, smoke signals, morse code and any other form of lobbying remain perfectly "legal". Even then it could easily be circumvented with text messages, WhatsApp, weChat, bbm, email and ordinary telephone calls.

Where people gather, it's inevitable alliances will form.

Wow! I just got the news. Thank you to everybody that voted! Every pic that was submitted and made the finals was a potential winner. As for making it "fair".... I'm not sure that I have the answer for how to do that.

I do agree with Armpies though. The initial selection process goes through a panel. Thereafter it is up to the community to decide the winner. I think Brogue explained it quite well. My vote is to leave it as it is. Just keep an eye on the phantom votes. (Interesting to see that the top 5 were all docked a few votes.....)

I don't for one second consider myself a photographer. I am a weekend warrior with an old entry level setup that enjoys taking pictures. Always trying to learn new tricks and techniques. At the end of the day, any form of artwork is open to interpretation. My good picture/painting/sculpture might be your waste of time and money. That's how things go and you are more that entitled to your opinion.

Good luck to all the June entrants. I will be back at the beginning of July to cast my vote and it would be great if more people got involved in the voting process.

Thanks again guys :thumbup:

THE WAY I SEE IT, AS SAID ABOVE DOUBLE/FAKE VOTING IS OUT

IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED HELP TO WIN ASK A FEW MATES, I HATE TO BREAK IT TO ALL YOU HIGH HORSE RIDING MOANING MURTLES, BUT THIS IS HOW PRESIDENCY IS WON, I THINK A SIMPLE COMPETITION CAN BE WON THE SAME, IF ITS A *** PHOTO AND YOUR MATE WANTS YOU TO VOTE,,,BE A ADULT AND SAY NO YOUR PIC SUCKS

GROW UP AND STOP MOANING LIKE CHILDREN

THIS COMPETITION IS AWESOME, IT BRINGS PRODUCT BRAND VALUE UP, HUBBERS HAVE A GO AND THE MOST VOTES WIN

IF THERE IS A PANNEL HOW WOULD THE MASSES FEEL ITS FAIR??????????

THIS IS A COMMUNITY PEOPLE SOME TIMES I JUST SHRUG MY SHOULDERS

every joe soap has a chance to win a camera for free and you still moaning like biatchas unfreakingbelievable