Riccardo Chiarini tested positive for EPO

Guest Karma

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many more have to be caught before everyone sees that they all use banned substances. Just some are smarter than others, Lance told us this. Are we not being naive to believe that some men can naturally achieve what others are doing heavy doping to achieve? I think so. That's my little input. Just watch the race and enjoy it, gonna be many more people busted in the future.

Would a compromise of limiting all elite teams to an A and B work for you?

Only if accepting assistance is limited to getting help from a B -team member. Otherwise Bulls 3 may well enter as Not_the_Bulls, not be part of the official team setup and still end up influencing the race. If a B-team member is found to be positive, the A team should be DQ'd too, whether assistance was received or not.

Only if accepting assistance is limited to getting help from a B -team member. Otherwise Bulls 3 may well enter as Not_the_Bulls, not be part of the official team setup and still end up influencing the race. If a B-team member is found to be positive, the A team should be DQ'd too, whether assistance was received or not.

I can live with that.

Based on what? The assumption the A team doped or received some kind of assistance due to the doping positive in the B team?

That's very open ended.

Based on what? The assumption the A team doped or received some kind of assistance due to the doping positive in the B team?

That's very open ended.

Based on someone with a positive test that influenced the results. If the B team dope up to keep up with the A team incase they need assistance or to attack other contenders both A and B teams should be DQ'd and banned for life. If you are worried, ride without a B team. Simple.

Based on someone with a positive test that influenced the results. If the B team dope up to keep up with the A team incase they need assistance or to attack other contenders both A and B teams should be DQ'd and banned for life. If you are worried, ride without a B team. Simple.

So it's based on assumption that B doped to keep up with team A?

What if team A gets bust for doping, but not B?

So it's based on assumption that B doped to keep up with team A?

What if team A gets bust for doping, but not B?

Same punishment. Who determines which is the A ream and which is the B team? If an A team has a terrible prologue they may indadvertedly become the B team if the B team has a real podium chance. The principle of linking teams upfront cannot go with a pre determined pecking order as the dynamics may change over 8 days of racing. Much like a TDF team can elect a new team leader if they loose a prominent rider due to illness or injury.

Oh the horror, I bet he is crying himself to sleep at night because he will not be allowed to race the epic again