Spectacular route launched for 2014 Cape Pioneer Trek

News bot

The route for the 2014 Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek international mountain bike stage race in South Africa has been finalised and holds some spectacular highlights for the more than 800 riders to look forward to come 12 October when the sixth edition of the race gets underway.

Click here to view the article

That is one insane drop-off between stage 2 and stage 3....

The stage ends at the top of the swartberg pass and starts again in Prins Albert

:D After the stage finish on the summit of the Swartberg Pass, riders still have about 15 km to ride to Prince Albert where they overnight. It is one of the most beautiful rides that, descending the Northern side of the Swartberg Pass. Riders will be very tired by then and it is not all downhill either, but I hope they'll enjoy my favourite bit of mountain pass in the whole world more if they don't have to race it and have the luxury of just riding it. :thumbup:

:D After the stage finish on the summit of the Swartberg Pass, riders still have about 15 km to ride to Prince Albert where they overnight. It is one of the most beautiful rides that, descending the Northern side of the Swartberg Pass. Riders will be very tired by then and it is not all downhill either, but I hope they'll enjoy my favourite bit of mountain pass in the whole world more if they don't have to race it and have the luxury of just riding it. :thumbup:

Agreed, beautiful ride back to Prins Albert

Yup! We rate it as a brake cooking descent .In my case it was

• 4 weeks later...