Arm Warmers

Nickzta

Make your own. Go to a fabric shop, buy thermal, or fleece, or Lycra material at R10 or R30 a meter, your colour choice, and get your wife, auntie, granma, sister to stitch it up for you on their machine, tailored specifically to your size. Nothing easier. Goes for buffs and gilets. Bugger the brands and their extortionate prices. The photo shows a selection of my buffs, a fleece arm warmer, and a gilet (sp?) my wife made from a thermal vest. The blue buff was from good Lycra which cost about R30 a meter. The red buff Lycra cost R9.90 a meter. They have a seem but my head doesn't know the difference between a seamless buff and these ones.

post-2932-0-67613100-1402982379_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yang

Thanks for all the help.

I tried the First Ascent ones. (they are by far the coolest looking) But after just wearing them for 10 min I found them still a little cold. The LG were amazing, very warm and comfortable, but I couldn't find anything under R500!

I ended up getting the Adidas ones from CycleLab. Really top thermal properties and not too expensive. I didn't even want to take them off afterwards.

(PS: Cyclelab were surprisingly cheap on the First Ascent. They were R50 cheaper then sportsmans warehouse)

Guest EdEdEd
I recommend the one's with fleece inside - try First Ascent

I have a pair of these. It kept me lekker warm in the upington winter last year!

• 3 months later...

How does Capestorm arm warmers compare to the list in this thread?

I use Cape Storm and I am happy with the grip and look. On very cold days I will use a thermal top, so I use the arm warmers for the chilly mornings where I expect things might warm up. In my opinion, they are very similar to the First Ascent ones.

OK. That sounds good.

Maybe put differently. Tenn for R250 from sportsworld.co.za vs CapeStorm for R230 from Sportsmans warehouse?

Many bike shops, including

Design in Motion

Cycle Lab

Morningside Cycles

Tony Impey Cycles

etc

Edit - sorry I see you in CTN...   Not sure but you won't struggle to find.

Edited by dracs