Mechanics Courses

Skinnyone

Hi All

Just putting it out there, was wondering who would be keen on doing a "basic bike maintenance" course sometime soon, as I have had a couple of requests for it, I would be looking at doing it from my house, I have a large triple garage that can accommodate up to 10 people.

Course topics would cover just about everything needed to do a minor "pre race" service on your bike, plus any other topics that you could think of on the day, Tea,coffee, snacks will also be available as it will be about a 4 hours course. At the end you will receive a dvd containing the topics covered for your own perusal and refresher at home.

Mail me at shaunmileson@gmail.com for more info/bookings...

I will be keen, know my buddy will also like to attend - do you have any dates planned, will it be on a Saturday?

Edited by in10sive

Forks, wheels and brakes...

Each of these would need its own focused course i know. But i wouldn't mind signing up if i am going to be taught exactly how to tackle my fork, wheels, brakes etc...

Okay,

I see you're based in JHB. Sorry bud, im out then.... :oops:

Trail and Tar are running some courses... contact them and find out more details about it :thumbup:

Trail and Tar are running some courses... contact them and find out more details about it :thumbup:

What is the turnout like for these courses do you have any idea? Will contact T&T in the near future. it Helps knowing whats What in Bikeland. Well, for me it would be useful.

Especially if im in the middle of a extremely steep 1km climb and rock'n it, when half way through i see an oke in the bush with a mechanical problem. My stopping to assist would be MUCH more helpful rather than stop to talk a lot of .... Who cares about stopping in the middle of a climb anyway, its not like im getting timed or anything. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Sign me up, super keen.... a mate of mine will also be very eager to learn more - so thats two from my side.

I am keen, also know a couple mates of mine who would be keen.

Please let me know costs.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Thanks the support has been overwhelming! I am looking at doing a course on Saturday the 28th of June or the following 5th of July - looking at the response I may have to do both!

I will cover forks lightly, but wheels, headsets, BBs, brakes and any other topics may be covered depending on requests.

Please mail me for further info and bookings - the cost of the course will be R650 per person.

Ok so from all the mails I have received, it looks like the main course will happen on the 5th of July.

Thanks again for the responses.