Review: WTB Wolverine and Bronson 26” AM TCS

Claudio

I had Bronsons front and rear about 2 years ago, worst tires I have ever used.

Worst tires ever and yet you have had them on for 2 years...........

Worst tires ever and yet you have had them on for 2 years...........

I stated WHEN I had them on my bike, now for how long :)

I was probably running them too hard, as Sliiiick said there is a small window of awesomeness.

Stoke Suspension also carry them

+1 was eyeing up them there but didn't know much about them but great prices. Have friends that swear by the Vigilante / Velociraptor combo.

I'd love to try this combo but its an expensive risk for me when my HDs are so awesome.

2 words. Magic Mary.

The Muddy Mary is better than the HD. Okay, not as fast on the rolling side of things, but really. Who cares about rolling resistance!?

I'd love to try this combo but its an expensive risk for me when my HDs are so awesome.

Best bang for the Buck!

I liked the Bronson I had - it pumped up tubeless and had good sidewalls but a weak tread - it wore down very very fast at the back and eventually flatted at Tokai - a stick or something went thru in the tread area which is unusual for a heavy duty tyre. Replaced it with a 2.3 Nevegal which I run at 1.8 - 2 Bar. Much tougher and harder wearing.

My S2C partner rode with the Wolverines this year and raved about them. Despite the fact that they are big and fat tyres, he still klapped me on the district/gravel roads...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Old article, but I must say, I'm loving my Wolverine (front) / Maxxis Crossmark combo on my 29. Was gonna go with the Ardent at the front but the guy at my LBS convinced me to try the WTB. Loving it!