Wolwespruit Bike Park

bez_01

Wolwespruit Bike Park is opening in Pretoria East on the weekend of 5th and 6th July 2014.

The park is next to the N1, between Rigel ave / Lois ave, the entrance is next to Kloof hospital (Jochemus street) and safe parking will be provided. The area has been fenced off and secured by security guards.

The park will have close to 15km of well marked mountain bike specific trails, catering for riders with intermediate to advanced skill and fitness levels. There will also be trail running routes and more routes will be added regularly over the next few months.

The area has some proper elevation, and will offer some good training in a safe environment, as well as a few technical challenges and obstacles!

See the website for details: www.wolwespruit.co.za

Facebook and Twitter links will be up soon, follow us to keep updated!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well.......pleasantly surprised. Wolwespruit is a diamond in the rough......and huge potential. Almost all aspects addressed in the short, although sometimes technical route. The legs will get a good workout on the climbs, but the upperbody even more. With time and in summer this place will be seriaaaasly awesome......with beers afterwards.

Go check out the venue......nothing fancy for now.....but the potential. Watch out SPRUIT clan, the WOLWE clan is on the rise ;-). Now to get a long term access card......

How long is the trial?

Approximately 15km.......but you will be busy for an hour.....or more.

Lekker trails. Climbs are good. Would love to see a more technical down than the current black routes, that would be fun!

But great venue. Will definitely return!

Please cut the doring bome next to the road!!! I beg you!!! It took out my Capestorm windbreaker and my shoes....

Well worth the ride! The trails are obviously new and need a rainy season plus some riding in. I agree the black ain't really that technical but I can see how you can clip a pedal on a rock or jam a front wheel and then it's OTB so the grading is not misplaced. Everything is rideable even the climbs. This feels like a combination of Rietvlei with some Thaba in between and a nice addition to the trails available in Pretoria which now amount to 6 within a 30 minute drive from the CBD.

Went on Saturday, very enjoyable and agree with previous opinions about scope for improvement. Will definitely be back ????????????

A big congrats to the team that put this together, its clear a lot of work has gone into it. A more extensive review below but in a nutshell I agree with other comments, a decent mountain biking test and I'm not too bothered but the rough edges of the tracks, I remember when Groenkloof opened the now famous S-Bends at the back, it was graspolle all the way and look how lovely that has matured. Let's support this park in numbers everyone, it's deserving of becoming a crown jewel.

PS: Love the name, last place in the world I'd expect "Wolwe", right next to the busiest freeway in Africa! Nice touch.

My observations of Wolwespruit: http://makingtrackz....pruit-mtb-park/

Edited by Trackz

Just echoing what has been said. I loved it, the one black detour with the drop over the biggish rock almost caught me out! I personally don't want perfectly manicured tracks, I like it the way it is (and Klapperkop). Can't wait for the memberships.

I did the trail on Saturday and my comments are much the same as above. The track needs a summer and some wheels. I really enjoyed all the single track (90% of the trail is singletrack) and those climbs are great! Route markings are spot on and the split between MTB and trail running is great for both. I can see it becoming a regular on my weekend rides. Doing Klapperkop and then Wolwespruit will make an epic Saturday workout.