Looking for partners to ride the 2014 94.7 on any Single Speed with me.

Although it might seem crazy - I know that it can be done.

I have set it as a personal challenge, though if the opportunity presents itself, it can be turned into a charity event.

Anybody interested?

I am aiming to ride my daily commuter road SS.

Edited by SuperGus

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with your challenge. It's easily doable, did it last year without too much trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

A bunch of us did it SS last year, nobblies and all. Easy game and tons of fun!!!!

Check out Build-A-Bike of you keen to do the charity thing and ride with a bunch of others on SS and fixies!!!! do it. do it now..........

• 4 weeks later...

I also plan on doing 94.7 on a single speed this year.

People in other threads asked about special starting batches / categories for single speed & fixies, so I decided to contacted 94.7 and asked if they would consider creating a special starting batch. I go the following reply...

"We have forwarded the request to the committee."

so we'll see how it goes.

What gear ratios are you guys considering?

Gear ratio comments from me are as follows:

MTB 29er with knobby tyres pumped hard and you wanna ride fast: 32x14 (I did 3h24 last year like this)

Same as above but you wanna just cruise: 32x16/17

I also plan on doing 94.7 on a single speed this year.

People in other threads asked about special starting batches / categories for single speed & fixies, so I decided to contacted 94.7 and asked if they would consider creating a special starting batch. I go the following reply...

"We have forwarded the request to the committee."

so we'll see how it goes.

What gear ratios are you guys considering?

\

Why , a singlspeed is a normal bicycle and sometimes some single speeders ride away from people on fully geared bikes.

\

Why , a singlspeed is a normal bicycle and sometimes some single speeders ride away from people on fully geared bikes.

Exactly...just a bike, I don't want to burst your bubble OP but it aint that special...this isn't a dig at you...but you will see that you are one of plenty people on SS. Also no point in racing the 94 on a SS, rather make a day of it...enjoy the closed roads...sights and sounds so leave the garmin at home.

Exactly...just a bike, I don't want to burst your bubble OP but it aint that special...this isn't a dig at you...but you will see that you are one of plenty people on SS. Also no point in racing the 94 on a SS, rather make a day of it...enjoy the closed roads...sights and sounds so leave the garmin at home.

Or race it for a PB time. It'll mean nothing to everyone else but if it'll make you feel good, do it!

But yup, it's just a bike choice. I found the terrain to be pretty SS-friendly last year. ( I know the route has changed a bit this year....)

Guest notmyname

Good advice this man gives.

I'm riding on my new old retro bike. Thinking 39-17t, but this is still to be set in stone.

I'm in, I'm riding on my 26" MTB that I'm busy finishing off. I'll also be doing the 55km MTB on the same bike. I'm riding with Stand With Stan Charity already but we can hook up and make a group if we get enough peeps.

Oh, and BTW:

Eish and I thought I was so special when I did it on the SS !! :wacko:

You are special bud...

Edited by Jigghead