Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Snow at the top of Sani Pass today. Pictures are of Sani Mountain resort.

Pack your LongJons gents

Bixem!!

I'm all for tenting etc. but NOT when is gets subzero cold!! 

Might have to pack a bottle of Old Brown or two...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this is how the race of all races is shaping up. Red has teamed up with Shrek and I (Blue) am teamed up with the Wafflemeister. Red and I are chilled but Shrek and Waffle have decided to race each other (something to do with their Dusi2c partnership from last year). If training means anything Red and I are the strongest of each partnership, they start in H and we're in F. It's Shrek and Waffle's first Sani so they know nothing, John Snow. Waffle has an ankle injury and Shrek has just come off antibiotics, Red and I believe that they would do well to finish but the competitive spirit has no bounds. Me thinks that dinner table at Mackenzie will be an interesting place.

Neither my partner or I have a GPS. our plan is to "follow the crowd". Does anyone think this is totally crazy?we are a late substitute and not really mountain bikers.we have been seeded G in the adventure but are expecting to move up a few groups.

We are doing the same...

Ok so this is how the race of all races is shaping up. Red has teamed up with Shrek and I (Blue) am teamed up with the Wafflemeister. Red and I are chilled but Shrek and Waffle have decided to race each other (something to do with their Dusi2c partnership from last year). If training means anything Red and I are the strongest of each partnership, they start in H and we're in F. It's Shrek and Waffle's first Sani so they know nothing, John Snow. Waffle has an ankle injury and Shrek has just come off antibiotics, Red and I believe that they would do well to finish but the competitive spirit has no bounds. Me thinks that dinner table at Mackenzie will be an interesting place.

This is indeed shaping up to be something comical, but I'm also riding with 2 mates that are the walking injured.  One guy had a punctured lung from a needling physio session gone bad and the other guy has a hernia in his diaphragm.  Talk about die hards... 

If they beat us, I'm selling my bike.

I can't wait for the tale to be told!

This is indeed shaping up to be something comical, but I'm also riding with 2 mates that are the walking injured.  One guy had a punctured lung from a needling physio session gone bad and the other guy has a hernia in his diaphragm.  Talk about die hards... 

If they beat us, I'm selling my bike.

Be wary of the wounded MTB'er!

WOuld be good to meet some hubbers - but sheesh you all starting way early, A batch and so.

Eldron, Talus do you guys have an idea of your numbers, might pop by the tent and say hello (if I can walk)

Nothing wrong with beer at lunch or is the Sani crowd too C for seereeaas?

Snow at the top of Sani Pass today. Pictures are of Sani Mountain resort.

Pack your LongJons gents

Bixem!!

I'm all for tenting etc. but NOT when is gets subzero cold!! 

Might have to pack a bottle of Old Brown or two...

I am soooo happy my partner booked B+B before he invited me.

Getting on the flight to Durbs in 1 hr see you Hubbers on the trails.  I am in "I" batch on the trail.  Just recovered from 2 weeks of flu im not exactly race ready  :eek:  :eek:

Snow on Sani Pass!!! It's going to be a cold start tomorrow morning!!! For the guys that register early, please send us details of the goodie bags asap. I'm hoping there's a nice warm jacket like last year.

WOuld be good to meet some hubbers - but sheesh you all starting way early, A batch and so.

Eldron, Talus do you guys have an idea of your numbers, might pop by the tent and say hello (if I can walk)

I'm in 489 - drop by and say hello!

Right bikes are through security , bags checked in. We are now waiting for boarding. Starting to get excited or nervous not sure which. Why didn't I train properly? Anybody got some magic last minute advise for 2 lazy back markers who drink more wine than they ride bikes?

Right bikes are through security , bags checked in. We are now waiting for boarding. Starting to get excited or nervous not sure which. Why didn't I train properly? Anybody got some magic last minute advise for 2 lazy back markers who drink more wine than they ride bikes?

Enjoy the views and take it easy. It is very easy to make the daily cut-offs so dont worry about that. Most of all have fun!!!