Sani2c 2015

Gringo

I think everyone is in the big hall? correct? the idea is that you do you clothes removal in the shower...I seem to recall not knowing this and only seeing ladies around while I was manfully striding back to the middle to get dressed! but i was so spent I didnt give a toss

On Joberg2C the females had a brick-building allocated to them, just next to the new dining-hall (to the left, if you look towards the hall). That was all just open. Two doors on the sides, leading to a room (without any chairs) to leave your clothes  (and towel if you didn't want it wet), and then an open space with showers  - no curtains (and taps where cleaners filled up their buckets while we were showering). 

Maybe we could shower at what was (on JoBerg2C) marked as 'males showers' - I probably should have asked around at the time.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only female who found the Jolivet showers appalling? Or was there other lady-showers that I didn't know about? (Joberg2C, not Sani2C)

What was the Jollivet Sani2C female shower arrangements on Sani2C?

As I understand the female showers will be built before next year's Sani2C

On Joberg2C the females had a brick-building allocated to them, just next to the new dining-hall (to the left, if you look towards the hall). That was all just open. Two doors on the sides, leading to a room (without any chairs) to leave your clothes  (and towel if you didn't want it wet), and then an open space with showers  - no curtains (and taps where cleaners filled up their buckets while we were showering). 

Maybe we could shower at what was (on JoBerg2C) marked as 'males showers' - I probably should have asked around at the time.

aah..those are the old male showers..they sound far more appealing filled with women than males

Am I the only female who found the Jolivet showers appalling? Or was there other lady-showers that I didn't know about? (Joberg2C, not Sani2C)

the sad news is it was just as appaling. Our tent neighbours said the water was freezing cold (they were also back markers like us), and the showers ran out of water for the ladies. The mens had warm to hot water - but the pressure she was not good - hence all of us took hours for a shower.

Also the first time ever that I had to que for showers to the mens shower and we took like 6 hrs to finish day 1 and still had beers before heading to the showers.

Maybe it was the fact there were more riders. I have never seen the tents go all the way behind the PG bison wall at Mackenzie.

If anyone mistakenly took a small pair of Assos bibs with them after their shower on Day 2 of the Race, will you please PM me. I'm quite fond of my Assos... :blush:

If anyone mistakenly took a small pair of Assos bibs with them after their shower on Day 2 of the Race, will you please PM me. I'm quite fond of my Assos... :blush:

ill ask my 5 year old :whistling:  :whistling:

1st Sani2C.

Love the ride! Loved the climbs!! LOVED day 2!

Thought is was well organised.

Pity about the end...Felt like we were pushed out of a sausage machine at the end. No place to really share what was a great experience! Boxes and car collection was a pain!

Will be back!

Anyone by chance find a Garmin 810 down the bottom end of the drop into the Umko?? Lost mine when buying my very own personal piece of land - stupid fall due to lack of concentration during Day2 of the Adventure!!

Overall a fantastic event yet again, even though I do thing the trail is not as well manicured as it used to be - but thats probably what the true MTBer wants!

Will be back again in 2016!

Edited by Keithc

The female showers....I was probably one of the early ladies on both days so I at least had hot water.

At McKenzie Club I used one of the porta-showers, which were private cubicles but they were on a slope so you slipped into the drain the whole time! Never mind that I thought it was passable...Joliviet...wow that was a shocker.

I am at least reasonably tall but the shorties had to get chairs to stand on to switch on the "taps" hanging from pipes high off the wall. It was as described below, two shower rooms with no tiles. Believe these were the male showers in previous years. Im sure this will surely be upgraded for next year???

I think the food was amazing, bearing in mind they are feeding the massage teams as well as all the support staff, its probably about 1700 or more people. My only thing was I didnt drink water, because it was so much easier to just grab a milk or a juice rather than find a manky water bottle and trek all the way to the Clover truck, or drink a tiny styrofoam cup of water inside the dining hall. I might start lactating from all the vanilla milks ;)

Also did the trail with the wife.  She was fine with the showers at Mackenzie. Jolivet the womens showers ran out of hot water so the ladies were told to go down to the mens showers.

I can understand the men not expecting to see women at their showers but some of the crude comments they had to endure were uncalled for!!!

There were numerous ladies in the mens (New Showers section) as they stated it was better to be there, than face the cold and dirty showers in the old facilities. Even with the guys wondering around naked, etc.....

Heard one couple have a domestic over the shower issue, not pretty after a long day in the saddle! To end the day over a shower domestic, felt for the folk.

Even with the guys wondering around naked, etc.....

This baffled the hell out of me - the showers all had doors and hooks inside - there was NO reason to be strutting around in the buff and yet the sausage brigade were hanging it out loud and proud. WTF?