Jens Voigt bedroom and bathroom design

shane-bob

Whats up hubbers

so for those of you who remember, I was doing a bedroom & bathroom design for Jens Voigt and this is my design. I will upload the rest of the images now now(stupid limit)

so basically when I designed this space, I didnt want to design a space that will shout CYCLING CYCLING but a space that represented all the qualities which we want in a bedroom and bathroom while still maintaining the essence of cycling and family, 2 things he hold close to himself.

problem number 1: getting up early

problem number 2: smelly laundry

problem number 3: creating noise when getting ready and outside noise

Solution number 1: what Ive done is between the division of the bedroom and bathroom ive used hard wooden slats with 50mm gaps on either side of the bedroom and bethroom and frosted perspex in between. what this does is filter light from the bathroom to the bedroom creating a gentle light to wake him up. there will be an automated light which will turn on at 4:30am or when ever in the bathroom.

Solution number 2: A cupboard will be built in and will have direct holes into the cavity wall with an extractor fan which will disperse the smell.

solution number 3: Ive used 3 acoustic insulators, 1: wood wool, 2: concrete , 3: hard wood

the wood wool will be inserted into the ceiling and skimmed over. Wood wool is commonly found in recording studios.

the concrete has been used in the flooring in both the bathroom and bedroom. The concrete is used largely as an insulator and also moderates temperature pretty well.

the hard wood is a perfect insulator as it carry's sounds. with the used of the wood as a division where the sound ill be coming from mainly its perfect. also what has been done is that is carries through to the ceiling which will carry the sound to the wood wool. also the wooden slats create a good linear element in the space.

some of the design elements, Ive used modular boxes on the right as packing space which can be adjusted up and down and also mounted packing space below it.

Ive created a reading nook for him to read to all his children or to just relax.

in the bathroom, a concrete bulk head will be installed and a shower head will be inserted, which will essentially make the bathroom a shower.

please let me know what you think, if you think something is wrong or can be improved let me know!! im always keen to improve and learn more :) and thanks for all the previous advice!

post-47141-0-75891200-1404203105_thumb.png

post-47141-0-09678100-1404203117_thumb.png

oh and what I've done here is that the door is made from the wood and perspex so its hidden and doesn't create a visual disturbance

post-47141-0-99731900-1404204525_thumb.png

Very impressed. Make sure we know how to get hold of you. I would still like Espresso near my bed at 4:30am.

Very bloody nice.. I have a room that has caused us such a head ache.. jis I could do with you. ;)

Very impressed. Make sure we know how to get hold of you. I would still like Espresso near my bed at 4:30am.

well send me a PM and we can chat, I am always willing to help out! or you can contact me on s214109666@nmmu.ac.za

Where is this house...has JV got a "second home" in the Kaap?

haha no, its in his home town :)

Where is this house...has JV got a "second home" in the Kaap?

if you were wondering how I got my info, I had contact with Jens and I did ALOT of research on weather patterns and how to manipulate the weather and sun rise/set to my advantage. That's what design is, finding solutions to problems. Thought I'd mention that to answer some future questions as well :)

if you were wondering how I got my info, I had contact with Jens and I did ALOT of research on weather patterns and how to manipulate the weather and sun rise/set to my advantage. That's what design is, finding solutions to problems. Thought I'd mention that to answer some future questions as well :)

Nice and well done. Was wondering how you got the job if its in his home town.....assumed you in SA?

Guest Zeitgeist

Is there anyone else in the sane world that finds this thread RIDICULOUS?!?!?!? FFS man, have you EVER seen a less veiled and obsequious CLAMOUR for praise and adulation? How ON EARTH can Hubbers NOT want to rubbish the living daylights out of a post like this? Its screams "LOOKATME, LOOKATME LOOKATME!! Well, I am looking, and I see a desperate cry for attention and love - get a dog, stop polluting a cycling forum

Is there anyone else in the sane world that finds this thread RIDICULOUS?!?!?!? FFS man, have you EVER seen a less veiled and obsequious CLAMOUR for praise and adulation? How ON EARTH can Hubbers NOT want to rubbish the living daylights out of a post like this? Its screams "LOOKATME, LOOKATME LOOKATME!! Well, I am looking, and I see a desperate cry for attention and love - get a dog, stop polluting a cycling forum

WTF if I remeber the guy did it for a university project. Dont be a duce about it.

OK. Now stop pussyfooting around and tell us how you REALLY feel about this thread.