Omnico and my 3rd GT Frame

Rouxenator

For those that missed it : http://www.thehubsa....rame-and-again/

I have had not one, not two but three frame failures on GT 29er bicycles in the last 18 months. After the last one Omnico is refusing to provide me with a replacement frame or refund me the R4000 I paid a year ago to upgrade from a cracked Karakoram to a Zaskar frame.

Is there anything I can do other than make sure as many people possible know about this ?

--------------------------------

EDIT : This story has a good end : https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/140906-omnico-and-my-3rd-gt-frame/page__st__48#entry2350479

Thank you Omnico :thumbup:

Edited by Rouxenator

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a problem that they can't fix. I told them that I will rather let my dealer assist me further.

My Fox fork (off a 2011 Trance bought in Sept last year) has failed 3 x times and each time it just comes home repaired.....ready for the next failure...and my next 60km trip to the LBS and then another 2-3 week wait.....

Edited by Mojoman

They are claiming that without a picture of the complete bike they will not replace the frame. What the hell, they did not provide me with a complete bike to begin with!

For those that missed it : http://www.thehubsa....rame-and-again/

I have had not one, not two but three frame failures on GT 29er bicycles in the last 18 months. After the last one Omnico is refusing to provide me with a replacement frame or refund me the R4000 I paid a year ago to upgrade from a cracked Karakoram to a Zaskar frame.

Is there anything I can do other than make sure as many people possible know how crap and full of bull**** Omnico is?

Have they given a reason why not?

I provided pictures of the bike as well as the invoice that was originally given to me when I purchased the Karakoram and did the Zaskar upgrade. The only pictures I had of the bike were taken by Action Photo and it features me riding it - they did not like it. The said they wanted a pictures of the bike alone.

So based purely on that I am loosing not only the R4000 I paid for the upgrade but also a frame in the process.

Edit : Removed attachement

Edited by Rouxenator

I provided pictures of the bike as well as the invoice that was originally given to me when I purchased the Karakoram and did the Zaskar upgrade. The only pictures I had of the bike were taken by Action Photo and it features me riding it - they did not like it. The said they wanted a pictures of the bike alone.

So based purely on that I am loosing not only the R4000 I paid for the upgrade but also a frame in the process.

Is it the same bike shop?

An invoice as well as the word of the lbs should be enough

Yes it is the same LBS that I have been using for years. They said without pictures of the bike on its own, as in me not riding it, they can't help me. That just seems wrong, is there anything I can apart from tarnishing Omnico in every way possible?

Silly question but why don't you just snap a few pics with your cellphone and email them?

i said ill wait to comment but i agree, whats the issue, if you want a warranty surely its not asking too much :eek:

Silly question but why don't you just snap a few pics with your cellphone and email them?

Yep. That's my question.

I did not notice the crack until the guy from another bike shop where I had a new crank fitted told me about it. I was speechless, how can the 3rd frame just break after only a few months?

So I called the bike shop where I bought the bike from and usually service it and whom did the previous frame crack issues and they said they will do the claim but it will only happen the following week. I needed a bike for the weekend so I bought a new one and took some of the part from the cracked frame bike and stripped the rest for spares. Gave them the frame only since this was all they had to replace for me.

The rep was not impressed and wanted to see the complete bike, from there onwards I had no luck.

I must say......Omnico has always been helpful with me. And have replaced the frame when it was manufacturers fault. The whole "we want pics" thing I don't really get but maybe it is a step to help them prevent fraud? I don't know and can't comment. Good luck though on your query.