Trek announces lightest production road bike line

News bot

After weeks of speculation, Trek is officially releasing the all-new Émonda, the world’s lightest production road line, which includes the 10.25lb/4.6kg Émonda SLR10, the lightest production road bike ever.

Click here to view the article

I see that in addition to being the lightest production bike ever it is also stiffer and the best riding road bike Trek has ever offered.

Brilliant, and a testament to what can be achieved if you let your marketing department do your R&D. You no longer need to make dynamic tradeoffs.

I suppose that Trek factory racing will be aboard these next week, with a 2.2 Kg lead weight bolted to the frame. (Or maybe platinum would be faster)

It's like saying you can't buy a Ferrari cause it's faster than the speed limit. The guy who can afford thus won't be racing UCI events. Let the R&D guys gave their moment.

When one adds pedals, computer and bottlecages, the weight could still be under 5kg's. Impressive.

I want one please! With Jock coming up in July

I will be flying up Long Tom...is it a bird or a plane...

But for the average cyclist, the cost will keep us dreaming...

Did the UCI get rid of the weight limit rule? I thought I read something abotu that this year maybe even on the hub but I can't be sure?

Apparently the UCI is looking at lowering the weight limit or removing it all together in this youtube video about the new Trek: