[Event] FNB Wines2Whales MTB

Events Bot

I for us. My partners first stage race so her index is 100. We plan to take it slow, so no complaints [emoji6]

Your seeding is based on the fastest rider, can't blame your partner for Group I .....  :whistling:

Edited by Skubarra

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. Mine is 50.

50, Group I - sounds about right? Anyway, just a flippant remark

Enjoy the race, hope your wife enjoys her introduction into stage racing!

50, Group I - sounds about right? Anyway, just a flippant remark

Enjoy the race, hope your wife enjoys her introduction into stage racing!

Not my wife, good friend of ours. Numerous hip ops etc, so really proud of her to have come so far. Checked other friends where both are in the 50's and they got F start. Not too fussed. We can sleep in a bit for day 1 [emoji12]

Guys need some advice please...

Have done many stage events to date (Sani, Baviaans) and am doing my first W2W and entered the ride.  I have booked flights but need some input regarding accommodation and logistics for the day before the race and the day after (we fly back to Jozi on the Thurs).

What is the recommendation for transport if you fly in.  does one hire a car and leave it at Lourensford.  What size car given 2 cyclists, luggage and two bike Bags\boxes?  seems excessive to have a hired car\van parked for a few days but i don't see other options?

I see there is a shuttle from the caravan park to the Start (with bikes and gear) so that should be easy

What are the recommendations for accommodation the night before and the night after the finish?  the Lord Charles?

logistics are a bit of a challenge if you fly 

thanks a stack!

thanks, am staying in tents so don't need accommodation during event but just somewhere to stay close to Lourensford before and after the race. thanks

Guys need some advice please...

Have done many stage events to date (Sani, Baviaans) and am doing my first W2W and entered the ride. I have booked flights but need some input regarding accommodation and logistics for the day before the race and the day after (we fly back to Jozi on the Thurs).

What is the recommendation for transport if you fly in. does one hire a car and leave it at Lourensford. What size car given 2 cyclists, luggage and two bike Bags\boxes? seems excessive to have a hired car\van parked for a few days but i don't see other options?

I see there is a shuttle from the caravan park to the Start (with bikes and gear) so that should be easy

What are the recommendations for accommodation the night before and the night after the finish? the Lord Charles?

logistics are a bit of a challenge if you fly

thanks a stack!

I'd book a shuttle from the airport and stay close to Lourensford (Erinvale is right next door). Perhaps see if Erinvale is willing to store your bike boxes etc and then you stay there the night before you fly back. Book a shuttle for the return the next day.

As far as the hire car goes book the smallest you can. Take 2 ratchet straps and tie the bike boxes on the roof. Straps through the 4 windows.

No point in hiring a more expensive car just to use it 2 out of 4/5 days!!

Many car hire companies have bike racks for hire.

B bunch start. We will not stay in B - my new partner climbs in a more measured fashion. Hopefully I will be on stepping off my bike less often this year.

As far as the hire car goes book the smallest you can. Take 2 ratchet straps and tie the bike boxes on the roof. Straps through the 4 windows.

No point in hiring a more expensive car just to use it 2 out of 4/5 days!!

A polo hatch with the seats down will fit 2x bike boxes and luggage if you pack carefully.

Any info on bike transport to and from W2W .Previously used cycle lab ,but it seems they are not doing it this year