[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

3:11 from all the way back in group G

jou bogger! ek dog heeltyd ek was voor in die groep! het jy vroeg weg gery?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dual suspension handled those corrugations quite well. That was with my backside in the seat. Still had all my teeth in place afterwards.

I found low pressure, duali on descend, slow the rebound a touch, and pedal over the corrugations. Like butter.

I had a good race and I enjoyed it. Was my first race this year. lots of dust really struggled to breath, but pushed through it and made still made good time, so that's nice :thumbup:

Had an interesting day out - managed to snap my valve off after getting a puncture so used my tube. Then proceeded to get a slow puncture a few kms later. Big thanks to everyone who gave me bombs every few kays, Mtbers are absolute legends.

Blew up in the first 5km, that's what not training and being sick does. Ended up helping some guys next to the road, talking crap and smack and then nearly bliksemed an oak near the finish for swearing at me. Mate, next time you get a helmet to the face. Or maybe I just come and say hi on your birthday ... 29 December, right?

Blew up in the first 5km, that's what not training and being sick does. Ended up helping some guys next to the road, talking crap and smack and then nearly bliksemed an oak near the finish for swearing at me. Mate, next time you get a helmet to the face. Or maybe I just come and say hi on your birthday ... 29 December, right?

haibo, that's not on. why he swear you?

Who is doing Crater Cruise in 2 weeks?

I want to enter the marathon, just not sure how much more difficult it is, compared to yesterday's marathon.

I'm riding the Ultra. Haven't done it before, but heard it's more road / district than hardcore single track MTBing.

Had a fun day out. My first MTB race in 2 years. Last time I did this one was in 2011 and it was cold then so saturday I had some flashbacks. Did the 70km in batch E and manage a 3:04 so very happy as there was the normal slow in a que on the single track "climb" and towards the end when we got stuck behind some of the 40km peeps in the bike park.

Besides that a good day, also appreciated the sms.

haibo, that's not on. why he swear you?

For taking the inside line on a corner, at the same pace he was doing, THREE bike lengths in front of him. I must say, dropping back through the batches from B to E manners got fewer and fewer ...

That is when a race becomes a ride........and lasts 30min longer.........

Smile and waive next time (Mr. Bean special) :whistling: :ph34r:

Edited by BarHugger

For taking the inside line on a corner, at the same pace he was doing, THREE bike lengths in front of him. I must say, dropping back through the batches from B to E manners got fewer and fewer ...

My birthday is on 29 Dec ... but I don't recall this incident!? I was on a Anthem X1, was that me? I don't talk much, more like suffering grunts

My birthday is on 29 Dec ... but I don't recall this incident!? I was on a Anthem X1, was that me? I don't talk much, more like suffering grunts

On that bike, you're obviously a legend, and wouldn't have behaved as described above.

Edited by DomP

On that bike, you're obviously a legend, and wouldn't have behaved as described above.

haha thanks DomP, I take it you're also an Anthem rider ... awesome bikes.

Certainly don't recall this, only time I mumbled to myself was when stuck behind guys on the single track parts.

Did the 40km b.t.w.

Edited by Kraggie