[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

Saying "I feel for the guys on their HTs because of that corrugated section" is NOT a moan, its saying that I damn happy that I had a dualie. The fact that the race had lots of roads was a reason I did it. As a "roadie" I need these "non-technical" races to learn a bit and I can only make up time on the Ooms on climbs and gravel roads because they kill me on the single track stuff, so I liked the gravel roads very much. I thought is was a GREAT race and will be back for more from these organisers. Just remember, observations are not always moans..... :) Now, where is that that number for the Tread Skills Course.

Easy buddy, wasn't refering to your post, mate. But hey, if the shoe fits... :P

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much Much more forgiving route than Hakahana but a couple more technical bits or single track would've been nice.

For sure!

jou bogger! ek dog heeltyd ek was voor in die groep! het jy vroeg weg gery?

Ek was daai donner wat in die eerste 10 km geval het. Toe weer opgestaan het met n af knie en aare vol adrinalien.

3:04 (70km) started in Batch H, wish I was in a starting batch (A-C) :drool:

Yip. Agreed. In order to go sub 3, I would have had to have been in B (Or maybe C). There was too much congestion from E...

Yip. Agreed. In order to go sub 3, I would have had to have been in B (Or maybe C). There was too much congestion from E...

I got confused as at the race it was said that Nico was the winner but on the website a guy from Batch E was posted as the winner.

Now imagine what happend 3 batches onward hahaha, hopefully this time will result in a better seeding.

I got confused as at the race it was said that Nico was the winner but on the website a guy from Batch E was posted as the winner.

He was disqualified. Seems to have started out of his batch, or something...

He was disqualified very quickly.

Agreed, I was trying to chase down the front bunch of E during those first gravel roads, to get to that climb with the front bunch only to miss a marker in the first few Kms and had to back track, by which time a ton of guys had made it past me again. Edit: ps: thanks to the dude who managed to make the loudest whistle in the world for me to look back when I went the wrong way, if it wasn't for you I would have carried on head down like a bat out of hell and probably still be trying to find my way home today.

Edited by Patchelicious

Wonder why the guy was DQ'ed

He did a 2h24 from E (not possible), he must have taken a short cut or gotten lost with the other route markers....

Ek was daai donner wat in die eerste 10 km geval het. Toe weer opgestaan het met n af knie en aare vol adrinalien.

oh dit jy! ek het jou gesien val ja, en jy het jou bottle ook laat val wat my amper laat crash het...

Agreed, I was trying to chase down the front bunch of E during those first gravel roads, to get to that climb with the front bunch only to miss a marker in the first few Kms and had to back track, by which time a ton of guys had made it past me again. Edit: ps: thanks to the dude who managed to make the loudest whistle in the world for me to look back when I went the wrong way, if it wasn't for you I would have carried on head down like a bat out of hell and probably still be trying to find my way home today.

That was me. I whistled, and then everyone shouted. I was chasing you from the start (I was on the black and yellow Giant Anthem).

Edit: wait a minute, we were the front bunch weren't we?

Edited by DomP