Who remembers?

DPG

The thing with that series, it was so popular way back then they should perhaps have gone with a different storyline with it....maybe Magnum's son he didn't know of..I mean he did play the field a lot.[emoji102]

A sequal instead of a remake?

They did that with Hawaii Five-0 - Steve McGarret was the son of the original Steve McGarret - they even had some flashbacks with original episodes, with the remake picking up on 30yo cold cases from his dad's era. On the odd occasion Steve Jnr drove his Dad's car from the original series which was also cool.

The wife and I were a big fan of the new series, although towards the end it also started getting a bit far fetched and lame.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did that with Hawaii Five-0 - Steve McGarret was the son of the original Steve McGarret - they even had some flashbacks with original episodes, with the remake picking up on 30yo cold cases from his dad's era. On the odd occasion Steve Jnr drove his Dad's car from the original series which was also cool.

The wife and I were a big fan of the new series, although towards the end it also started getting a bit far fetched and lame.

There was even a crossover in the last season where Hawaii Five-O helped the new Magnum solve a case and then the next episode Magnum helped rescue some of the Five-O characters.  But not enough to get me to start watching Woke Magnum

Original Magnum was of it's time.  The 308 Gtsi was a thing of beauty.  I've driven one, really difficult, not fast and you wouldn't want it to be because the brakes on my Colnago of the same era are better.  But I don't think I've ever felt cooler.  I loved it.  Magnum was cool

New Magnum is also a product of it's time.  PC casting, gender neutral and no Tom Selleck who is Magnum.

Call me out for objectifying, but I think new Higgins is smoking.  But it's drivel 

My 11 year old daughter loves it 

I agree - I desperately wanted a 308 and did all the research so that I knew what to look for when I found one.  Eventually I did - they were going for around R250K back in the early 2000's which was about R50k more than a Golf4 GTi so off I went for a test drive.  Suffice to say that I opted for a new Golf- the GTi would have blown it into the weeds.  And it could take my Bianchi in the back too.

Sadly the Golf would not be worth R600k+ today though  :eek:

I never watch Hawaii Five-0 ..

Although when I was a lighty, it was one piece of cardboard pegged to a spoke on the bmx.

cardboard pegged to the stay rubbing along the spokes

39 years ago today - it was chaos in Jo'burg!

Photo Credit: Mike Berridge on FB

I was not allowed to play in the snow with my friends because my mom said I had a cold.

39 years later I still haven't forgiven her  :P

39 years ago today - it was chaos in Jo'burg!

Photo Credit: Mike Berridge on FB

Sheesh, was it that long ago ? Now I really feel old

I was not allowed to play in the snow with my friends because my mom said I had a cold.

39 years later I still haven't forgiven her  :P

Can't believe I was 20 before I had my first snowball fight

Grade 2 for me... still remember some events from that day.

WOW ... you guys are old ... I am never ever going to get as old you toppies :P

WOW ... you guys are old ... I am never ever going to get as old you toppies :P

not if you carry on talking like that you're not . . . 

;-)