Who remembers?

DPG

Fourways drive Inn .Fourways Golf course ,now Dainfern .Lonehill was a lone hill with baboons and dassies .I rode there alone on my Raleigh 21 speed when I was 10 years old .Fishing in the jukskei river was safe and clean

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bella Napoli? San Lorenzo? The Thunderdome? The doors nightclub and Boobs?

Just taking a trip down memory lane!

I work in JHB CBD and noticed about a year ago that parts of the original signage for the Doors is still visible where they were before moving to Edenvale. Close to the Carlton centre.

the white horse inn ....

Dips told me a story of an experience that he had at WHI. Cant repeat the story however much I would kike to.

The Arena. R5 Draught. HEMAN!!!

Edit: Woodstock and the punkrock scene.

Edited by Pieter1

Going up hilbrow tower and carlton centre to the coffee shops. Hilbrow ice rink, hyde park hotel, blairgowrie high school

The milk man in a electric cart and if you didn't have the tokens you could leave the money in the bottle.

HAHA and wasnt there ones for the orange juice too.. :thumbup:

When the only Look and Listen was on Pretoria street in Hillbrow, next to the Three Sisters Cafe. The days before digital music kinda ruined a lot of things (for me personally). When getting a new record or cassette meant getting a little booklet and reading the lyrics.

... When Tony Hawk and Ray Barbee came to the Standard Bank Arena. My goodness, I had never witnessed skateboarding on that scale. We were still on locally made Variflex boards, trying to ollie. They were pulling 9ft airs.

... When Tony Hawk and Ray Barbee came to the Standard Bank Arena. My goodness, I had never witnessed skateboarding on that scale. We were still on locally made Variflex boards, trying to ollie. They were pulling 9ft airs.

Dallas and sven sk8ed in that..ramp was eventually moved to jewish guild look ahead.

The zorlac tour was even more epic.. got to sk8 with steve schneer,peanut brown and aaron dieter... whole nasrec hall to ourselves with vert ramp and fun box for a week..was epic :thumbup:

When the only Look and Listen was on Pretoria street in Hillbrow, next to the Three Sisters Cafe. The days before digital music kinda ruined a lot of things (for me personally). When getting a new record or cassette meant getting a little booklet and reading the lyrics.

\

Ha 3 sisters cafe before going off to idols nightclub... or the doors.

Remember when the only estoril books was in the brow :lol:

There were record libraries where you could take out an LP for a couple of days! Used it many times when I started my first "mobile disco!"

There were record libraries where you could take out an LP for a couple of days! Used it many times when I started my first "mobile disco!"

Street Records in Braamfontein was amazing, came across so much good music there. Also used to hire music vids.

Dips told me a story of an experience that he had at WHI. Cant repeat the story however much I would kike to.

I too have a story I am still trying to forget about...

It involved getting caught smoking zol in the garden, being taken upstairs and being caned by a woman. I sh** you not. Only White Horse can boast such outlandish claims... :eek:

Edited by StevieL