Who remembers?

DPG

Who remembers Oom H, I had a chat with him last night :w00t: He sends his regards to those hubbers that know of him.

Tell him.... tell him his ou pel swiss hopes he is still having fun digging new roads in darkest Afrika

And that he has not ploeged into any glass doors lately ????

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is in Jozi, just upgraded to a tandem 29er. I came across him on a Kruger Park facebook page. Using the same avatar from The Hub days. 

No no Caerus, its ok at admit you were stalking. But on kruger FB page ..

by the way, how are you doing ?

If you see Oom H, send him regards

No no Caerus, its ok at admit you were stalking. But on kruger FB page ..

by the way, how are you doing ?

If you see Oom H, send him regards

I'm doing great thanks, had a tough 2 years but back in saddle, and picking up my new ride tomorrow.

Couch photos to follow  :thumbup:

http://blog.sundancebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/instinct.jpg

My parents are installing fibre and had to move my old school desk from the corner of my dad's study.  These were revealed after being hidden for I'm guessing 27 years!

post-15215-0-84714800-1504170521_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-28471700-1504170536_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-89961700-1504170552_thumb.jpg

My parents are installing fibre and had to move my old school desk from the corner of my dad's study.  These were revealed after being hidden for I'm guessing 27 years!

I just got a warm fuzzy feeling looking at the Country Rhythm, Instinct tubed and Gotcha stickers... I had those on my board as a grom

We had a cottage in St. Michaels and used to go down every December from Newcastle where I grew up. I would buy stickers and hoard them until one day I decided to stick them to my new cupboard.  My parents were mortified, but luckily didn't make me take them off!  I even still have my old Surf 'n Style wet and dry bag - although its so worn now I would be too scared to use it!

I showed my wife the "if it swells, ride it" one.  But she wasn't taking the bait :-)

Fond memories. I had a Gotcha "barrel bag" with the wet and dry compartment.

I remember in the early 80's when we were isolated from the rest of the world, getting the Surfer mag from CNA and sending letters to the international companies like Maui and Sons and Santa Cruz Skateboards asking for stickers. Must have cost my folks a small fortune in stamps.... Then the replies came and the prize inside the replies! We used to stick them on our plastic technical drawing boxes that we used to carry all our set squares and french curves etc.

Fond memories. I had a Gotcha "barrel bag" with the wet and dry compartment.

I remember in the early 80's when we were isolated from the rest of the world, getting the Surfer mag from CNA and sending letters to the international companies like Maui and Sons and Santa Cruz Skateboards asking for stickers. Must have cost my folks a small fortune in stamps.... Then the replies came and the prize inside the replies! We used to stick them on our plastic technical drawing boxes that we used to carry all our set squares and french curves etc.

Or being at the Gunston 500 and waiting for stickers to be thrown out. I still have sme Zigzags signed with stickers from 30 years ago now  :thumbup:

Just come out of the army, waiting to go to varsity. On the way to Beira, spending the night at Xmas Pass Hotel. Walking up and down the pass with my Dad's Supersonic radio to me ear, listing to CCR.

Shite, it's a long time ago.

My parents are installing fibre and had to move my old school desk from the corner of my dad's study. These were revealed after being hidden for I'm guessing 27 years!

I'd say that's one priceless piece of furniture. Back in high school, for pencil boxes, myself and a few mates used to use old VCR cases and stick surfer stickers on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just come out of the army, waiting to go to varsity. On the way to Beira, spending the night at Xmas Pass Hotel. Walking up and down the pass with my Dad's Supersonic radio to me ear, listing to CCR.

Shite, it's a long time ago.

I remember listening to CCR on LM Radio !! :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Built 1 of these (before transister radios were easily available) to listen to LM radiio on MW.

http://rimstar.org/equip/crystal_radios/how_to_crystal_radio.jpg

I just got a warm fuzzy feeling looking at the Country Rhythm, Instinct tubed and Gotcha stickers... I had those on my board as a grom

The only name missing there is Bear International.  And I know I did  have one.  Maybe i never got round to sticking it on!

The only name missing there is Bear International. And I know I did have one. Maybe i never got round to sticking it on!

Bear International, Billabong, and Quicksilver, hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk