Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

London Town Pub. Rat arsed in the buss trying to pick up nurses.... Best chick fight I saw was outside LTP 

Durban had some great Pubs, I fondly remember spending many a nigh drinking kegs of beer at "Fathers Moustache" well known for getting "The blarney brothers" on the map, but my favourite band there was Glam......they were excellent, Joe Parker also played there quite a lot.

.....and of course who could forget Smugglers Inn.......!! I spent many a Friday afternoon there, they still made the best steak in town at the time,...commonly known as "Steak Egg and Strips"  :rolleyes:  

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Durban had some great Pubs, I fondly remember spending many a nigh drinking kegs of beer at "Fathers Moustache" well known for getting "The blarney brothers" on the map, but my favourite band there was Glam......they were excellent, Joe Parker also played there quite a lot.

.....and of course who could forget Smugglers Inn.......!! I spent many a Friday afternoon there, they still made the best steak in town at the time,...commonly known as "Steak Egg and Strips" :rolleyes:

GoG did you ever see Blend in Joburg?

They used to play at Sollys Tavern in Rosebank and the president hotel in JNB cbd

GoG did you ever see Blend in Joburg?

They used to play at Sollys Tavern in Rosebank and the president hotel in JNB cbd

I remember the President, but they dont ring a bell, its possible I guess, just forgot. 

Most of the time I went to "The Chelsea" in Hillbrow, excellent Club/ Pub even saw David Kramer there a few times, he cut his teeth there.

Then of course the Bella Napoli, ..........!!!

Afterwards to Mi-Vami, it was packed 24 hours a day, its where Alan Pick now of the "Butcher Shop and Grill" in Sandton and Cape Town started his restaurant career, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, they pumped out great music and the best Sharwamas in the country, all from a little shop no bigger than the average home dining room, people stood in lines 20 deep all night to get in.

.....and of course Fontana's grilled chicken, I would drive for miles to get one, also a 24 hour a day 7 day a week operation..........I struggled to find a restaurant with an open kitchen after 10 pm last night.    

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Heh, Bimbos in Northcliff/Cresta. Many a dodgy burger laaaate there, tasty under the circumstances, but probably lethal to any normal person.

Amazing how many stout5atte there are in the cycling crowd :D

Heh, Bimbos in Northcliff/Cresta. Many a dodgy burger laaaate there, tasty under the circumstances, but probably lethal to any normal person.

Amazing how many stout5atte there are in the cycling crowd :D

Bimbo's also had a joint right near 54. Dangerous.... Breakfast in pita. Nom nom.

And then there was Johnnies in durbs. Never order anything other than the triple chip &cheese. Dunno where their meat comes from.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Bimbo's also had a joint right near 54. Dangerous.... Breakfast in pita. Nom nom.

And then there was Johnnies in durbs. Never order anything other than the triple chip &cheese. Dunno where their meat comes from.

Johnny's Rotis? One of favourite places back in the day for munchies if we were in the Durban area.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Johnny's Rotis? One of favourite places back in the day for munchies if we were in the Durban area.

Yep. Never. Ever. Ever. Order any meat roti. ????

Yep. Never. Ever. Ever. Order any meat roti. ????

Nah, we mainly went for the chip rotis

Johnnies! We stuck to the Bean Bunny for much the same reason...