Who remembers?

DPG

This were the very first song that I heard playing from a tape-deck - which my dad installed one Saturday into our Opel Record station wagon.

Used it as my mobile ringtone for years.... currently on our 'car' YouTube playlist. Still scrambling to find my phone when it starts to play.  :clap:

The first song I played on my newly installed Radio/Tape in my Datsun was Roy Orbison's Only the Lonely - I still remember how great it sounded after a day installing Pioneer 60W speakers in the back shelf and 24W in the front doors....

And I'm looking at the scar in my fingertip right now almost 30 years later where I drilled right through the front door panel for the speaker mounting holes and into my fingertip......

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your First LP.

Went to the CNA in Cresta with R5.99 and proudly purchased Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon. I was 12 years old and had no clue as to what the lyrics meant but my one mate who was older than me told me it was a cool album so ipso facto i bought it. Back home on to the folks Blaupunkt Stereo, Volume at 10 and then sat there wondering what the hell it all meant.

I had to buy headphones as the old lady didnt want "that weird underground music" playing in her lounge.

It was an auspicious start...

Your First LP.

.................proudly purchased Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon. ........

Damn, you started with one of the very best albums of all times. Without a doubt it must be in the top 100, I would even argue for a top 10 maybe. 

Personally, I must admit, my first LP was a piece of rubbish that I am too embaressed to name, so, I'll just say that I did grow some better music taste and now own everything Pink Floyd ever made. Sadly, not on vinyl.  

Dark side of the Moon, spent 861 weeks on the Billboard 200, that’s more than 16 years. Certainly in my personal top5 albums.

First LP.... Beastie Boys Licenced to ill ????????

My first CD - most people who know me would agree my taste in music haven't really improved over the years....

attachicon.gifR-542935-1182586067.jpeg.jpg

My mate bought Heaven on Earth when it was released.  We liked the music, but I must admit as horny teenagers we also spent many hours discussing a certain part of her anatomy on the album cover.....

post-15215-0-15790000-1524146705_thumb.jpg

Too embarrassed to show my first album, but here's my first computer!!!!

Bought in Joburg somewhere, 1982, from an electronics shop I don't remember the name of, any suggestions???? Had a Jewish sounding name!!

Edited by HeyYou

There were some embarrassing moments in my music history as well. Sugar Baby Love by the Rubettes, Was mal over this song. Terry Jacks Seasons in the Sun. Used to get the Springbok Hits Albums for R 2,99 from the OK in Linden - Mom bought them for me sometimes. Also a Neil Diamond phase. 

I hated Disco with a passion - it was like the Anti-christ. Hasnt changed

My older sister was a lot older than me (8 years) so at 10 years old (she was 18 and doing matric) i was getting blasted by Cat Stevens from the room next door, as she was into the art and hippie scene. Credence was also one of her favourites. I know that music very well. I went to see Cat Stevens at the dome recently and it was crazy how much of it i knew.

But I can honestly say the first album which i ponied up my hard earned cash for myself was Pink Floyd at the CNA record bar in Cresta. remember it clearly...

I must have come from a poor family

We never had a stereo / record player / hifi when I was growing up. As a result never ever owned a record or album....

Luckily some of my friends did tho...

Edited by SwissVan