Who remembers?

DPG

Same rubbish Gen.  Both lame scripts, but family friendly. 

In the 1st series, the girls could drool over Magnum, and now Higgins is the looker (kind of).  More drool worthy cars in this series. 

Ja I think they could have picked better. That chick needs to put on some weight imho.

There are some pretty cool cars.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja I think they could have picked better. That chick needs to put on some weight imho.

There are some pretty cool cars.

The thing with that series, it was so popular way back then they should perhaps have gone with a different storyline with it....maybe Magnum's son he didn't know of..I mean he did play the field a lot.[emoji102]

A sequal instead of a remake?

Edited by Gen

Actually owning the car, for one... Magnum was a squatter...

:P

Not that I'm a petrolhead but wasn't the model Ferrari Magnum owed a bit of a dog in real life? It looked very cool but was underpowered and didn't handle very well - probably saw this useless tidbit on a youtube channel somewhere  :P

The thing with that series, it was so popular way back then they should perhaps have gone with a different storyline with it....maybe Magnum's son he didn't know of..I mean he did play the field a lot.[emoji102]

Like how they are doing with Cobra Khai. Have you seen that series?

Original Magnum was of it's time.  The 308 Gtsi was a thing of beauty.  I've driven one, really difficult, not fast and you wouldn't want it to be because the brakes on my Colnago of the same era are better.  But I don't think I've ever felt cooler.  I loved it.  Magnum was cool

New Magnum is also a product of it's time.  PC casting, gender neutral and no Tom Selleck who is Magnum.

Call me out for objectifying, but I think new Higgins is smoking.  But it's drivel 

My 11 year old daughter loves it 

Most of those series were good for its time, but time moves on and even the story lines doesn't fit in nowadays.  I remember there was that TV series Chips (those highway patrol cops) we used to love.  About 10 years later they did a rerun of the series on TV and I was so excited but after seeing the first episode I was wondering how in the heck I thought this was cool and an utter waste of time.

Most of those series were good for its time, but time moves on and even the story lines doesn't fit in nowadays. I remember there was that TV series Chips (those highway patrol cops) we used to love. About 10 years later they did a rerun of the series on TV and I was so excited but after seeing the first episode I was wondering how in the heck I thought this was cool and an utter waste of time.

Lol true..

I loved Chips

Go find it it is excellent a really fun watch.

Two seasons out now with a third due soon.

Will do

Original Magnum was of it's time.  The 308 Gtsi was a thing of beauty.  I've driven one, really difficult, not fast and you wouldn't want it to be because the brakes on my Colnago of the same era are better.  But I don't think I've ever felt cooler.  I loved it.  Magnum was cool

New Magnum is also a product of it's time.  PC casting, gender neutral and no Tom Selleck who is Magnum.

Call me out for objectifying, but I think new Higgins is smoking.  But it's drivel 

My 11 year old daughter loves it 

Most of those series were good for its time, but time moves on and even the story lines doesn't fit in nowadays.  I remember there was that TV series Chips (those highway patrol cops) we used to love.  About 10 years later they did a rerun of the series on TV and I was so excited but after seeing the first episode I was wondering how in the heck I thought this was cool and an utter waste of time.

I was a St.8 laaitie when Grease was the flavour of the day. It was just next level. 

Watched it a few weeks ago... still loved it but in the current era it looked real cheesy. Same with the 70/80's James bond movies. In those days the sets and special effects were cutting edge, now it looks like a school-hall production.

But it was cool. We walked like Travolta and the Fonz. We wanted to be a spy. Magnum was just super-cool. Sold a live-style of note. Man, between the car and TC's chopper, what was there not to like!

Remakes are very seldom better than the original.... I'll preserve the memories and not watch the new series.... maybe I can find some of the old ones on the interweb!

The really sad aspect of those days: we could not get proper access to British shows due to the Equity boycott ;)

Edited by TIB

I was a St.8 laaitie when Grease was the flavour of the day. It was just next level. 

Watched it a few weeks ago... still loved it but in the current era it looked real cheesy. Same with the 70/80's James bond movies. In those days the sets and special effects were cutting edge, now it looks like a school-hall production.

But it was cool. We walked like Travolta and the Fonz. We wanted to be a spy. Magnum was just super-cool. Sold a live-style of note. Man, between the car and TC's chopper, what was there not to like!

Remakes are very seldom better than the original.... I'll preserve the memories and not watch the new series.... maybe I can find some of the old ones on the interweb!

The really sad aspect of those days: we could not get proper access to British shows due to the Equity boycott ;)

Who remembers the series Sha na na.  You just triggered that part of my memory.

The original A-team is running on one of the private German channels here.  I was channel hopping a couple of months ago and stepped on an episode.  Was fun to see the one episode but not like I would set the recorder to keep watching it.

This is 2020 people. The age of Zondo, Commissions of Inquiry, investigations..............y'all better learn fast to say "I don't recall your honour". Or " it was before my time" Or "I was otherwise engaged"

This is 2020 people. The age of Zondo, Commissions of Inquiry, investigations..............y'all better learn fast to say "I don't recall your honour". Or " it was before my time" Or "I was otherwise engaged"

Me, I am not the one.