Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Facebook is  not everyone's favourite but I have enjoyed a group on there about Joburg clubs of the eighties and nineties.

Thought I was the only one who remembers getting teargassed by the police at The Doors   :D  :D   Have other memories from The Doors too that were a bit more fun. 

Edited by Red Robin

I know Facebook is  not everyone's favourite but I have enjoyed a group on there about Joburg clubs of the eighties and nineties.

Thought I was the only one who remembers getting teargassed by the police at The Doors   :D  :D   Have other memories from The Doors too that were a bit more fun. 

ESP - there will never be another club like it.

Which Doors?

I used to frequent the one in Edenvale but as I was only born in the 80s it was around the early 2000s for me. I don't think the Edenvale one was open in the 80s and 90s.

Which Doors?

I used to frequent the one in Edenvale but as I was only born in the 80s it was around the early 2000s for me. I don't think the Edenvale one was open in the 80s and 90s.

The original in Marshall St in JHB.    Spent many nights there.  I went in the early  to mid nineties.   Young and totally care free,  it was a good time.

The Edenvale one opened after clubs were no longer in JHB CBD. 

Edited by Red Robin

The original in Marshall St in JHB. Spent many nights there. I went in the early to mid nineties. Young and totally care free, it was a good time.

We were there around the same time, used to start out with happy hour at Pumpernickels in the Carlton Centre, then kind of float between Masquerade, The Doors and Q’s.

We were there around the same time, used to start out with happy hour at Pumpernickels in the Carlton Centre, then kind of float between Masquerade, The Doors and Q’s.

Pumpernickel was on the ground floor in the corner if I remember correctly? Also did a few happy hours there.

Yaaaa. I do know though that his first book helped me through a pretty dark patch in my life and that little yellow piece of rubber was a positive reminder of that. So while these days having one is frowned upon, I do still have mine in the drawer next to my bed.

I don't have the little band but I do have his first book in my bookcase.Ditto on the dark patch and my mom also took strength from his book.

The original in Marshall St in JHB.    Spent many nights there.  I went in the early  to mid nineties.   Young and totally care free,  it was a good time.

I think my Doors days were 93 to about 95. To stick to the thread title, who remembers the gig the Mission played there ?

I still remember waiting in line to get in to the gig when a V8 re-engined tow truck bakkie came past on idle and let out the loudest backfire - and half the queue dropped for cover ! Quite the neighborhood.

I think my Doors days were 93 to about 95. To stick to the thread title, who remembers the gig the Mission played there ?

I still remember waiting in line to get in to the gig when a V8 re-engined tow truck bakkie came past on idle and let out the loudest backfire - and half the queue dropped for cover ! Quite the neighborhood.

I remember one or two live gigs, but not the V8.

My first one was my 18th birthday in 91 - I ended up taking a beer mug home, with their 1st anniversary sand blasted on the mug.

IIRC, they moved to Edenvale in 99; met some chick there (in '98) who somehow knew I was involved in a MVA a few weeks prior.