RAPHA Women's ride 100km on 20th July

wannaberoadie

I really want to do this but i'm looking for a few partners in crime

On Sunday 20th July 2014, join thousands of women around the world to ride 100km. A global event, ride on your own or join an organised ride. Rides will be taking place everywhere, including several led by Rapha. Over 4,000 women took part in 2013 — this year we’re aiming to double that number.

Its a STRAVA challenge as well

Anyone else keen?

mmm well it coincides with the freedom ride, one can just add some distance at the end or something

I really want to do this but i'm looking for a few partners in crime

On Sunday 20th July 2014, join thousands of women around the world to ride 100km. A global event, ride on your own or join an organised ride. Rides will be taking place everywhere, including several led by Rapha. Over 4,000 women took part in 2013 — this year we’re aiming to double that number.

Its a STRAVA challenge as well

Anyone else keen?

Sounds like a good idea. Son racing at SA Champs XCO this weekend, but I think that is on Sat. Where are you thinking of riding?

mmm well it coincides with the freedom ride, one can just add some distance at the end or something

sorry...mobile phone issues. What distance is freedom ride?

Sounds like a good idea. Son racing at SA Champs XCO this weekend, but I think that is on Sat. Where are you thinking of riding?

anywhere gauteng area. Should have got organised earlier. Its also jock this weekend...

Freedom ride starts at Mandela bridge, I think, in Newtown. It's only 35k. but if we add Cradle that can push it up. Gotta work out the route though. I am keen, if you are. PM me

And... suggestion is to ride MTB for Freedom Ride, as road is full of debris. So Cradle on MTB is very workable.

Edited by Sarnicoview

Cradle MTB can be made into a 100km route, if you have the time. We could ride Avianto first, then add the Cradle route. Very tiring though, as Avianto has some challenging sections. Heart rate busters. Just let me know what you want to do.

Try gets touch with the monthly cycles group - look on facebook - basically a group of ladies that organise urban rides - they're doing the freedom ride but maybe you can use them to find some partners in crime.

the freedom ride is 35ks. so me and my buddy will leave from my house at hurlingham manor (close to William nicol pick and pay) at around 7h30, cycle into town (about 17ks) do the freedom ride loop and ride back. that should get us to 70ks or there, if we go back with a loop we can make it longer. at any point in danger of getting stuck at a place featuring beer so we will just see how things roll.... ^_^